13 February 2013

My Bloody Valentine (FTU)

My Bloody Valentine

This tutorial was written by me on February 13th, 2013 and was written assuming you have a  general knowledge of PSP.  You will need the following supplies:

Wonderful FTU kit by Randy's Sin called "Dark Love" is available to download from her blog HERE.  Be sure to say thanks when you grab it, it's a small gesture for hard work freely shared and means a lot!  : )

I used the gorgeous art of Henning Ludvigsen.  This tube is called "The Rapture" and is available at Up Your Art.  You must have a license to use.

WordArt I created for this tut, download HERE.

Template #17 by Tracy F. Designz, download HERE.

Mask #156 by Vaybs, download HERE.

Font used: Bank Gothic Medium

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP mask folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, shift + d to duplicate, close original.

Delete the credit layer.  Change the canvas size to 800 by 800 with the following placement settings:

Top: 170
Bottom: 171
Left: 136
Right: 136

Click OK.

Add a new raster layer, send to the bottom and flood fill with white.

Activate the circle layer; select all, float and defloat.  From the kit, open Paper 7 and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete original layer.

Activate the rectangle layer; select all, float and defloat.  Open Paper 8 and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer and arrange as shown within the selection.  Tap delete and deselect.  Change the blend mode to Luminance (L) and reduce the opacity to 75%.  Delete the original layer.

Activate the square 1 layer; select all, float and defloat.  Copy and paste Paper 8 (resized 70%) as a new layer.  Invert selection and tap delete, deselect.  Delete original layer.  Repeat for square 2 layer.

For all the frame layers, follow these steps:

Select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with #d7d8d9.  Deselect and delete original layer.

Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise > Gaussian, 75%, Monochrome checked.  Click OK.

Apply drop shadow to all frames, I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 10. 

Open my WordArt in PSP.

Activate "Be Mine" layer.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange as shown or to your preference.  Add a drop shadow of choice, I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 5.

Activate "Forever" layer.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange.  Select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with #620006.  Deselect and delete original layer.  Apply drop shadow above.

Resize the tube 80%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Arrange on the left side of the tag.  Apply drop shadow of choice.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 15.

Add your elements, I used:

candle1: resize 40%; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%
rose arch1: resize 70% and arrange as shown, erase excess at bottom
champagne bucket: resize 30%
champagne glass1: resize 20%, then 90%; duplicate
rose1: resize 30% and arrange on right side.  Duplicate and move copy to the left side; free rotate 20 degrees left.
rose2: resize 30% and arrange below the first rose; duplicate and move to the left side; free rotate 12 degrees right.  Arrange and erase any excess showing at the bottom.

Apply drop shadow to elements, I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 10.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste Paper 1 into the selection; deselect.  Apply DBV mask #156 and merge mask group.  Adjust mask size and placement with the raster deform tool.

Crop and resize your tag.

Activate the font tool.  Select the Bank Gothic Medium font, size 48, stroke 0, create as vector, set the background colour to black.  Type your name and arrange where desired.  Layers > Convert to Raster layer.  Apply drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 5.

Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Thanks for trying my tutorial.

I'd love to see your results, email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hun I was trying to work this tut and the rose arch1 in the full size scrap kit is not showing up for me I use psp 9 and I was trying to make a tag with it with this tut, I did everything and it is still not showing up at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisha, and thanks for trying my tutorial hun! Did you try downloading the kit again? Perhaps your problem is a corrupted file. Let me know if that fixes the problem. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket