01 August 2012

Magical Summer (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Magical Summer

This tutorial was written by me on August 1st, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit: I used a gorgeous kit called "Summer's End - Magical" by Horseplay's Pasture Designs.  What an awesome kit this is, Bev has outdone herself again!!  You can get it at Lollipops & Gumdrops.  Thanks so much Bev!

Tube: I used a lovely tube by Anna Liwanag.  Anna was with PTE when I purchased this tube but as the store has just closed I'm not sure just where you can purchase Anna's art.  I'm sure there will be announcements soon.  Please don't use without a license.

Mask: I used mask #10 from Melissaz Creationz, HERE.

Plug-in used: Eye Candy 4000, Gradient Glow.

Font: I used Janda Swirlygirl, HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open SEM_34 and resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame.  Expand the selection by 5.  Open a paper of choice, resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Invert selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open SEM_57 and resize 40%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange as desired within the frame.  Tap delete, do not deselect.  Apply a light drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 18, Blur 10.

Open SEM_23 and resize 50%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, position on the right side within the frame.  Tap delete and deselect.

Apply drop shadow to the frame, I used H&V 0, Opacity 65, Blur 12.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer and position on the left side of the tag.  Apply drop shadow above.

Add your elements, I used:

SEM_1: resize 80%
SEM_2: resize 20%, then 85%
SEM_8: resize 30%
SEM_13: resize 45%
SEM_15: resize 40%
SEM_17: resize 20%
SEM_18: resize 70%, duplicate x2 and arrange as desired
SEM_20: resize 20%, duplicate x3 and arrange behind the tree in the frame.  Merge these 4 layers together.
SEM_21: resize 20%, then 85%
SEM_22: resize 25%
SEM_25: resize 30%
SEM_26 & 27: resize each 15%, then 85%.  Free rotate 25 degrees left or right.  Duplicate as many times as you wish and arrange.  Resize some of the copies 85%.
SEM_30: do not resize, use the eraser to remove any excess
SEM_43: resize 40%

Drop shadow all elements, I used H&V 2, Opacity 58, Blur 10.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name, I used colour #ac1924.  Apply Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow using these settings:

Under the Colour tab:

Select Medium from the menu.  Change the colour to #f9e0e0.

Under the Basic tab:

Glow Width: 3.00
Soft Corners: 0
Overall Opacity: 100
Draw Only Outside Selection: checked

Click OK.

Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished.  Enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results, email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket