21 July 2012

Summer of '69 (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Summer of '69

This tutorial was written by me on July 21st, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit: I used a fabulous full-size kit by Designed by Stina called "Summer of '69".  Please visit Stina's blog HERE for links to her stores.  Thanks so much hun!

Tube: I used "Vanessa" by Carlos Cartagena, who was an artist at MPT when I purchased this tube.  You can now find his work at PTE.

Mask: I used mask #34 from Moonbeams & Spiderwebs.

Font: I used "Candice", a pay font.  "Dolphins" is a free font that's almost identical and can be downloaded HERE.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 50, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Open a new image, 800 x 700, white background.

From the kit, open Frame06 and resize 20%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame; expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice and resize 15%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete; do not deselect.

Open Van and resize 25%.  Copy and paste as a new layer above the paper and position as desired.  Tap delete and deselect.  Change the blend mode to Soft Light.

Open Music and resize 10%, position at the far left of the frame, see my tag for placement.

Open WordArt06 and resize 30%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and position in the center of the frame.  Select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer.  Open a paper of choice and resize 15%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete the original layer.

Add your other elements, I used:

Flower04 & 05: resize each 15%; duplicate and mirror; resize 70%.  Arrange as shown on my tag or as desired.
Button02: resize 10%; duplicate
StringFlower04 & 05: resize each 10%

Apply drop shadow and make sure all layers are arranged to your liking.  Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Resize the merged layer 90%.  Unhide the background layer.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer and position on the left side of the tag.  Apply drop shadow.

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the mask to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!

I'd love to see your results and add them to my slide show.  Email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket