02 May 2012

Spring Whimsy (PTU)


(Click tag to see full-size image)

Spring Whimsy

This tutorial was written by me on May 2nd, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful new kit by Horseplay's Pasture Designs called "Whimsical".  LOVE this kit!!  You can get it at Lollipops & Gumdrops.  Thanks so much Bev!!

Tube of choice: I used the art of Cristina McAllister.  Cristina was with CILM when I purchased this tube and I'm not sure where's she's selling now.  Her website is HERE.

Mask of choice: I used one of the awesome masks from Moonbeams & Spiderwebs.  I used mask #31.

Font of choice: I used PS Bluegum Forest, HERE.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open element 39 and resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice and resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame layer.  Invert selection and tap delete, do not deselect.

Add elements of choice within the frame and tap delete after each addition.  I used:

10: resize 30%, then 85%
14: mirror; resize 70%
32: resize 20%, then 85%
33: resize 20%
47: resize 40%; duplicate twice, merge these 3 layers and arrange
49: resize 70%

Deselect.  Apply drop shadow to each element.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer and arrange on the right side of the frame.  Drop shadow.

Add your other elements, and apply drop shadow.  I used:

18: resize 20%; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%
23: resize 17%
29: resize 20%
37: resize 80% and arrange on frame, erase excess.  Duplicate and flip.
49: do not resize
52: resize 60%
57: resize 20%

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background and add new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust size if desired.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.

Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

Email me HERE to show me your result.  : )

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket