20 May 2012

Angel of Spring (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Angel of Spring

This tutorial was written by me on May 20th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit called "Love You Mom" by Bubbles Dream.  So many beautiful elements in this kit, I love it!!  You can get it at Inspirations of Scrap Friends.  Thanks so much hun!

Tube of choice: I used a lovely tube by The Vintage Angel™.  You can purchase these tubes from CDO.  Please don't use without a license.

Mask of choice: I used mask #34 from Moonbeams & Spiderwebs, HERE.

Plug in used: Eye Candy 4000; Gradient Glow (used on name only).

Font of choice: I used Adios Script Pro, a pay font.  Any nice script font will work well.

Drop shadows used throughout:

For the tube and frame: H&V 0, Opacity 42, Blur 10
For everything else: H&V 2, Opacity 42, Blur 8

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open element 33 and resize 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Invert selection and tap delete.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer.  Position within the frame, tap delete.  Deselect.

Add your elements, I used:

4: resize 35%, then 85%.  Duplicate and mirror.  Duplicate again and resize 70%.
10: resize 75%; duplicate and mirror
19: resize 50%; duplicate and mirror
23: resize 80%

Apply drop shadow to all layers.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection; deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  I added a gradient glow to my name using Eye Candy 4000 with these settings:

Under the Colour tab: Select Medium, change the colour to #f4cbd1
Under the Basic tab: 
Glow Width: 3.00
Soft Corners: 0
Overall Opacity: 100
Draw Only Outside Selection: checked

Click OK.

Save your tag as a png or jpg and you're finished!

Email me HERE if you'd like to show me your results.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket