22 April 2012

Old Time Glamour (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Old Time Glamour

This tutorial was written by me on April 22nd, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit called "Vintage Girl" by Jo of A Taggers Scrap.  Thank you so much for this gorgeous kit!  You can get it at Sophisti-Scraps.

Tube of choice: I used the awesome art of Maxine Gadd.  You can purchase her tubes at PTE.

Font of choice: I used Mrs Saint Delafield, a pay font.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 50, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

From the kit, open frame 9.  Copy and paste as a new layer, free rotate the image 90 degrees left.  Using the magic wand, click inside the frame.  Invert selection.

Resize the tube 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange on top of the frame.  Activate the eraser tool and carefully remove the portions of the tube that cover the frame at the sides and bottom, see my tag for reference.

Invert selection, expand by 5 and invert once again.  Copy and paste a paper of choice and resize as desired.  I resized 60%.  Tap delete and deselect.

Add your elements, I used:

background: resize 80% and arrange above the background layer.  Duplicate, mirror and flip.
candle: do not resize
cameo2: resize 40%
brooch: resize 30%
flowerpot1: resize 60%
telephone: resize 80%
flowers of choice: resize 25%
butterfly2: resize 40%; free rotate 25 degrees left or right
ribbon: resize 70%, use eraser to remove excess

Apply drop shadow to all layers except the two background layers.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  You're finished!

Email me HERE if you'd like to show me your tag!  : )

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket