23 March 2012

Wild Thing (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Wild Thing

This tutorial was written by me on March 23rd, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Candy's Treats called "Wild About Pink".  This is one of a set of beautiful kits, all entitled "Wild About ...".  Love 'em all, thanks so much Diane!  You can get it at Twilight Scraps.

Tube & close-up of choice: I used the beautiful artwork of Steve Baier.  When you purchase the tube, you also get the close-up and the image, which I love!  You can purchase his tubes from Up Your Art.  You must have a license to use.

Template of choice: I used template #64 from Scrap Rebellion.  Scroll down a bit to find the template links.

Mask of choice: I used mask #27 from Dees'Sign Depot.

Font of choice: I used Always Black, a pay font.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Delete the info, stars and lines layers.  Change the canvas size to 800 x 700.  Unhide the background layer and flood fill the blank area with white.

Activate the top rectangle layer.  Select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice from the kit, resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert the selection and tap delete.  Delete the original layer.

Repeat these steps for bottom rectangle, black circle and purple rectangle.  After adding the paper to the purple rectangle layer, do not deselect.  Open the close-up tube.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the right side of the selection.  Tap delete, do not deselect.  Change the blend mode to Hard Light.  Duplicate and mirror.  Paste the tube as a new layer once again (it will still be on your clipboard) and resize 85%.  Arrange as shown in my tag and tap delete.  Do not deselect, invert the selection.

I created a frame for this layer.  Expand the selection by 5.  Add a new raster layer beneath all the rectangle layers (paper and tubes).  From the kit, open Glitter 1 and minimize.  Change the foreground to Pattern, and select this glitter from the drop down menu.  Angle 0, Scale 40.  Flood fill the selection with this glitter.

Expand the selection again, by 3 this time.  Add a new raster layer and move beneath the glitter layer.  Flood fill with black.  Deselect.

Drop shadow all template elements.  I used H&V 0, Opacity 75, Blur 10.

Select a Word Art from the kit, resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange as shown.  I chose "Wild Thing" and added "I think I love you".

Add your elements, I used:

Cluster Overlay: resize 70%
BG1: do not resize; duplicate and mirror
Bubbles: resize 70%; duplicate and mirror.  Apply a light drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 40, Blur 5
Flower 1: resize 30%; duplicate.

Drop shadow used for the tubes and remaining elements: H&V 2, Opacity 75, Blur 8.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Resize the merged layer 95%.

Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the size and placement to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag.

Email me HERE if you'd like to show me your results.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket