28 March 2012

Punk Attitude (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Punk Attitude

This tutorial was written by me on March 28th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work with other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful kit by Bibi's Collection called "Attitude Babe".  You can get it from Inspirations of Scrapfriends.  Thanks so much Bibi!

Tube of choice: I used "Cute Punk" by Verymany.  You can purchase from Pics For Design.

Template of choice: I used one of the wonderful templates from Twyzted T's Playroom.  I used template #5.  Download HERE.

Mask of choice: I used mask #227 by Gems, download HERE.

Font of choice: I used Urban Scrawl Buttah, HERE.

Drop shadows used throughout, unless otherwise indicated:

For template elements: H&V 0, Opacity 73, Blur 12
All other elements: H&V 2, Opacity 73, Blur 8

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Delete the following layers: Raster 1, 8, 7 and 4.

Change the canvas size to 700 x 700.

Add a new raster layer, send to the bottom and flood fill with white.

Activate Raster 6.  Select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice from the kit and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete original layer.  Repeat these steps for all remaining layers except Raster 9 and 10 (the glitter layers).

Resize your tube 60%, copy and paste as a new layer.

Add your elements, I used:

1: resize 70%
7: resize 95%
12: do not resize
37: resize 95%
40: do not resize
67: do not resize; apply light drop shadow.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 40, Blur 8
54: do not resize; duplicate 3 times for a total of 4 and arrange above the background layer.  Hide all other layers and merge visible.  Using the rectangle selection tool, draw a selection around this layer like this:
Selections > Modify > Feather > Number of pixels: 30 > Click OK.  Invert the selection and tap delete twice.  Deselect.  I did this to soften the edges of the wire, you may choose not to, it's completely up to you.  : )

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect and apply the mask, merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and your new tag is finished.

Thanks for trying my tutorial, email me HERE if you'd like to show me your result!

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket