16 March 2012

Coffee, Tea or Me? (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Coffee, Tea or Me?

This tutorial was written by me on March 16th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an awesome kit by Nette's Nightowl Works called "Coffee, Tea or Me".  I love this kit, the colour palette is beautiful!  You can get it at Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much Nette!

Tube & close-up of choice: I used a tube by Anna Liwanag.  You can purchase her tubes from PTE.

Template of choice: I used template #14 from Twyzted T's Playroom.

Mask of choice: I used mask #80 by Vaybs, HERE.

Plug-in used: Xero Radiance, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Honey Script Light, HERE.

Drop shadows used: H&V 0, Opacity 50, Blur 12 (template elements, except frames)
H&V 2, Opacity 40, Blur 8: All other elements and tubes.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Change the canvas size to 800 x 750.

Delete the credit layer.  Add a new raster layer and send to the bottom; flood fill with white.

Activate Tri-Rec layer.  Select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice from the kit and resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert selection and tap delete, deselect.  Delete the original layer.

Repeat these steps for the 4 Square layer.

Activate the Circle layer, select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice, resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Copy the close-up tube and paste as a new layer.  Arrange as desired within the selection, tap delete.  Apply Xero Radiance using these settings:

Strangeness: 128
Charm: 50
Truth: 128
Beauty: 255

Click OK.  Change the blend mode to Luminance (L).  Apply a drop shadow of choice (or use my settings above) to the tube and all elements of the template.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer.  Apply drop shadow.

Add your elements, I used:

teapot: resize 20%
cupoluv: resize 20%
teabag: resize 10%
cupcake2: resize 10%
cupcake1: resize 10%
chococupcake: resize 10%
wrap: resize 43%, arrange as seen on my tag; duplicate and mirror.

Apply drop shadow.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add a saying if you wish, I used "Coffee ... Tea ... or Me?  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.

Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Enjoy your new tag!

Email me HERE if you'd like to show me your results.  : )

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket