18 March 2012

Bruised Heart (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Bruised Heart

This tutorial was written by me on March 18th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful new kit by Bev of Horseplay's Pasture Designs called "Bruised".  What an AWESOME kit!!  You can get it at Lollipops and Gumdrops.  Thanks so much Bev!

Tube of choice: I used the art of Anna Marine, who was with CILM when I purchased this tube.  You can now get her tubes from CDO.

Mask of choice: I used Mask #3 from DeeSign Depot.

My word art: HERE

Font of choice: I used Beau Rivage One, a pay font but any script font will do nicely.

Drop shadow used throughout, unless otherwise noted: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 6.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 700, white background.

From the kit, open element 27 and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, free rotate 90 degrees right.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice, resize 80%; copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Open the tube and resize 88%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange.  Drop shadow the tube, I used H -2, V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 5.  Drop shadow the frame using the settings above or of your choice.

Open element 54, copy and paste as a new layer above the background layer.  Duplicate, mirror and flip.  Apply drop shadow.

Open my word art, copy and paste each layer individually and arrange as shown in my tag or go your own way.  Drop shadow.

Add the rest of your elements, I used:

7 & 8: resize each 25%
14: resize 30%
17: resize 70%
30: resize 20%
54: do not resize
56: resize 57%
62: do not resize; apply a light drop shadow.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 20, Blur 8

Drop shadow all elements.  Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect, apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Safe as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Enjoy your new tag!

Email me HERE if you'd like to show me your result.  : )

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket