10 February 2012

Old Fashioned Girl (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Old Fashioned Girl

This tutorial was written by me on February 10th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by EmJay Scraps called "Antique Charm", which is available from Inspirations Of Scrap Friends.  Thank you for this beautiful kit Em!

Tube of choice: I used a tube by Jamie Kidd, who was with CILM at the time I purchased this tube.  You can now purchase her tubes from CDO.

Mask of choice: I used mask #10 from Melissaz Creationz.

Font of choice: I used Kaligrafia Galana Dos, a pay font.

Drop shadow used throughout, unless otherwise indicated: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 12.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

Open Element 13 from the kit and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move beneath the frame.  Invert selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer, if using the same tube, resize 80%.  Move above the frame.

Use the magic wand to select inside the frame again then invert the selection.  Use the eraser to remove the bottom part of the tube that overlaps the frame.  Deselect.  Apply a drop shadow of choice, I used V -3, H 2, Opacity 55, Blur 15.

Add your elements, I used:

2: resize 30%
21: do not resize
25: do not resize; apply drop shadow H&V 1, Opacity 40, Blur 2
27: resize 60%
29: resize 30%, then 90%
30: resize 70%
40: resize 35%
47: resize 45%; free rotate 15 degrees right

Hide the background layer and merge visible, resize the merged layer 95%.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect and apply the mask, merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!

I'd love to see your results, email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket