23 February 2012

Cats Have Staff (PTU, Scrap Only)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Cats Have Staff

This tutorial was written by me on February 23rd, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an adorable kit called "Love My Pet" by Digicats (and Dogs).  This kit has so much potential, lots of tag possibilities with this one!!  You can get it at Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much Dianna!

Mask of choice: I used mask #26 by Vaybs, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Fragrance, a pay font.  Any free script font such as Exmouth will do just as nicely.  : )

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 50, Blur 10.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP mask folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame 07.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the freehand selection tool, draw a selection around the frame, like this:

(Click for larger image)

Open a paper of choice and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame layer.  Invert selection and tap delete; deselect.  Apply drop shadow to frame.

Add your other elements, I used:

Kittens in a Basket: resize 50%
Felt Mouse: resize 40%
Cat Nip: resize 30%
Cat Food: resize 30%
Cats Have Staff WA: resize 85%
Ball of Yarn: resize 20%
Butterfly 01: resize 25%
Butterfly 02: resize 20%

Apply drop shadow to all elements.

Hide background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into selection, deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Add your name and any applicable copyright and license information (if using an outside tube).  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Enjoy your new tag.  : )

Email me HERE to show me your result.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket