26 February 2012

Bad Moon Rising (FTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Bad Moon Rising

This tutorial was written by me on February 26th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous FTU kit called "Elegance" by Amanda of Tantrum's Scraps.  Amanda no longer has her kits posted to download but gives permission HERE for tutorial writers to include them in their supplies.  Thanks so much Amanda!  Download this beautiful kit HERE.

Tube and image of choice: I used the beautiful art of Duncan Long.  You can purchase his tubes from Up Your Art, and the image is always included as well which is a wonderful bonus!

Word art created by me: Download HERE.

Mask of choice: I used mask #26 by Dee, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Satisfaction, a pay font.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame 8.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.

Open a paper of choice (I used paper 5), and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open the image that comes with the tube and resize 60%.  Copy and paste as a new layer above the paper layer.  Tap delete and deselect.  Change the blend mode to Overlay.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer and resize as desired.  I resized 90%.  Place on the right side of the frame.

Add your elements, I used:

glitter 3: resize 85%
lilies 1: resize 70%; mirror
doodle vine: resize 60%; mirror
floral ribbon: do not resize, use your eraser to remove the excess
fancy bow 4: resize 50%; flip
flutter 2 & 3: resize each 30%, then 85%

Apply drop shadow to your tube and all elements.

Copy and paste the word art as a new layer and arrange as shown in my tag or as desired.

Hide background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into selection.  Deselect and apply the mask; merge the mask group.  Resize the mask layer 90%.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag!

Email me HERE if you'd like to show me your results.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket