15 January 2012

Thinking Of You (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Thinking Of You

This tutorial was written by me on January 15th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a beautiful kit by Bev of Horseplay's Pasture Designs called "Her Diary"  What a gorgeous kit this is, such beautiful elements and I love the colour palette!  You can find it at Lollipops and Gumdrops.  Thanks so much Bev!

Tube of choice: I used the beautiful pinup art of Barbara Jensen.  You can purchase Barb's tubes at her store HERE.  You must have a license to use her art.

Template of choice: I used template #96 by Simone.  Download from her blog HERE.

Mask of choice: I used mask #19 by Weescotslass.

Font of choice: I used Ceremonious Three, HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Delete the credit layer and layer 3.

Change the canvas size to 750 x 750.  Activate the bg layer and flood fill with white.

Activate circle2, select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice from the kit and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer and resize 150%.  Arrange within the selection and tap delete.  Change the blend mode to Luminance and reduce the opacity to 50%.  Deselect and delete the original layer.

Repeat for circle1, resize the tube 120%.

Continue replacing each template component with papers of your choice.  Apply drop shadows to each paper layer; I used H&V 0, Opacity 58, Blur 10.

Use the colour replacer tool to change the two dotted circle layers to #4f3f2e.  If you need more detailed instructions on how to use this tool, you can follow the steps outlined in my P.S. I Love You tutorial HERE.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  Apply drop shadow of choice.

Add your elements, I used:

6: resize 20%
9: resize 20%
10: resize 20%
14: resize 20%
16: resize 23%
17: resize 25%
23: resize 35%
28: resize 35%, then 90%
34: resize 75%
41: resize 20%, then 90%
52: do not resize
57: resize 15%, then 85%; free rotate left 25 degrees

Apply drop shadow to all elements, I used H&V 2, Opacity 58, Blur 8.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection; deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the mask size and placement to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag, add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag.

I'd love to see your results, email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket