20 January 2012

My Naughty Valentine (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

My Naughty Valentine

This tutorial was written by me on January 20th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work with other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: "My Sexy Valentine" is a beautiful kit made by Niqui of Niqui's Designs and is available at Inspirations Of Scrapsfriends.  Thanks so much hun!

Tube of choice: I used the sexy pinup art of Jessica Dougherty, which also came with a close-up version.  You can purchase her tubes from CDO.  You must have a license to use her art.

Template of choice: I used one of my own templates, HERE.  I used template #6.

Font of choice: I used Mr. DeHaviland, a pay font.  Any nice script font will work just as well.  : )

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.  Delete the TOU layer, change the canvas size to 750 x 750.  Activate the background layer and flood fill the blank space with white.

Activate the Small Rectangles layer.  Select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice and resize 70%; copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete original layer.

Repeat these steps for the Lrg Circle layer.  Before deselecting, copy and paste element 41 as a new layer and arrange within the selection.  Tap delete and deselect.

Activate the Top Circle layer, select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with #9a0000.  Do not deselect.  Open the close-up tube, copy and paste as a new layer and arrange part of the tube within the selection.  Invert and tap delete.  Deselect and change the blend mode to Burn.

Repeat for Middle and Bottom Circle layers.

Apply a drop shadow of choice to rectangle layer and all frame layers.  I used H&V 0, Opacity 75, Blur 12.

Activate the Heart Deco layer; select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer.

Foreground set to #9a0000, background to black.  Change the foreground to Gradient with these settings:

Style: Linear
Angle: 45
Repeats: 9
Invert: unchecked

Flood fill selection with the gradient, deselect.  Delete the original layer.  Apply drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 75, Blur 8.

Activate the Effect layer; select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with the same gradient, checking the Invert box this time.  Invert selection and tap delete, deselect and delete the original layer.  Reduce opacity to 65%.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer and arrange as seen in my tag.

Add your elements, I used:

11: resize 23%
16: resize 20%, then 85%; free rotate 10 degrees left and sharpen
17: resize 20%
18: resize 17%
24: resize 30%, duplicate, resize 80% and mirror
25: resize 50%
34: resize 45%

Apply drop shadow above to all elements.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name, then select all, float and defloat.  Expand the selection by 2, add a new raster layer and flood fill with white, deselect.  Move below your name and apply drop shadow.

Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!

Email me HERE to show me your results!  : )

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket