18 January 2012

Love Letters (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Love Letters

This tutorial was written by me on January 18th, 2012 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: "Love Letters" is a beautiful full-size kit by Stina of Designs by Stina and can be purchased at Scrap Wishes.  Thanks so much Stina!

Tube of choice: I used the gorgeous pinup art of Ted Hammond.  You can purchase his tubes from CDO.  You must have a license to use his art.

Template of choice: I used one of the wonderful templates from Twyzted T's Playroom, download HERE.

Mask of choice: I used the heart-burst mask from Essex Girl, download HERE.

Font of choice: I used LoveLight, a pay font.  Jellyka Love and Passion is a fun, free font that would also work well.  Download HERE.

Plug-in used: Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Delete raster 17.  Change the canvas size to 800 x 700.  Activate raster 1 (background layer) and flood fill the blank area with white.

Activate raster 5; select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice and resize 20%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete the original layer.  Apply a drop shadow of choice, I used H&V 0, Opacity 62, Blur 12.

Follow these steps for all remaining template layers except for the various frames to which you simply apply drop shadow.

For raster 16, use the colour replacer tool to change the colour from black to #76121c.  Apply drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 8.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer and arrange as shown in my tag; apply drop shadow.

Add your elements, I used:

Bougainvillea 01: resize 10%, then 85%
Bougainvillea 02: resize 10%
Bougainvillea 02: resize 10%, then 85%
Arrange these three layers as desired (see my tag for reference) and merge together when satisfied with placement.  Duplicate and mirror
Butterflies 01: resize 13%
InkPot: resize 5%, then 85%
LoveLetters 01: resize 12%
ScrolledPaper: resize 7%
Envelope 02: resize 10%
Roses01: resize 7%; flip, arrange as desired; duplicate and mirror
Butterfly 01 & 03: resize each 5%; duplicate one and resize 80%

Apply drop shadow above to all elements.

Hide background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into selection, deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and apply Eye Candy 4000 Gradient glow using these settings:

Under the Colour tab:


Choose the Medium preset and add a second paint pot by clicking where indicated by the arrow.  Colour should be white.

Under the Basic tab:


Click OK.  Apply drop shadow.

Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're done!

Thanks for trying my tutorial!  If you'd like to show me your results, I'd love to show off your tag in my slide show!  Email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket