19 December 2011

Merry Christmas 2011 (PTU, Scrap Only)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Merry Christmas 2011

This tutorial was written by me on December 19th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an awesome kit called "A Christmas Story" by Rebellious Scraps.  I LOVE this kit, the elements are adorable!  You can get it from Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much Sandrine!

2 Masks of choice:  I used Christmas mask 1 by Vix, HERE and Mask #35 by Weescotslass, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Island of Misfit Toys, HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the masks in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

Add a new raster layer and select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice (I used paper 8) into the selection; deselect.  Apply WSL Mask #35 and merge the mask group.

Add a new raster layer and select all.  Copy and paste another paper of choice (I used paper 1) into the selection; deselect.  Apply Vix Christmas mask 1 and merge the mask group.  Duplicate this layer and change the blend mode of the copy to Colour.  Sharpen.  Apply a drop shadow to the original mask layer, I used H&V 0, Opacity 25, Blur 5.

Now create your tag by adding elements of your choice.  Arrange as seen in my tag or go your own way, there's lots of fun elements to choose from!

I used the following elements:

bow 1: resize 20%
baubles: resize 10%, then 85%
christmas tree 4: resize 40%
christmas tree 2: resize 60%
christmas tree 1: reisze 60%, then 85%
gift box 1: resize 25%, then 85%
gift box 2: resize 25%; mirror
elf: resize 35%, then 85%
elf sign: resize 40%
bauble 1: resize 20%
bauble 2: resize 20%, then 85%; free rotate left or right 15 degrees; sharpen.  Duplicate and mirror.  Arrange the three bauble layers and merge together.  Duplicate and mirror.
cupcake: resize 10%, then 70%
gingerbread cupcake: resize 10%
gingerbread man: resize 20%, then 70%
stocking 2: resize 75%
bear with candy cane: resize 17%
bear with bell: resize 10%
Santa: resize 35%

Apply a drop shadow of choice to all elements.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8.

Crop and resize your tag, add your name.  Save as a jpg or png and you're finished!

Merry Christmas everyone!  : )

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket