12 November 2011

Take Me Dancing Tonight (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Take Me Dancing Tonight

This tutorial was written by me on November 12th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a general knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a lovely kit by Mama Llama Lisa Designs called "Prom Time".  You can find it at Aussie Scrap Designs.

Tube and close-up of choice: I used an awesome tube by Julie of Bits n Bobs.  She was with My Tubed Art when I got this tube.  I believe she's selling her tubes on her blog now.  : )

Template of choice: I used a template by Tracy at Freebie Friends Scraps and More.  I used template #69.  You'll find it HERE.

Mask of choice: I used mask #152 by Weescotslass

Plug-in used: Xero Radiance, download HERE

Font of choice: I used Willing Race, HERE

DS used throughout:

Template elements: H&V 0, Opacity 62, Blur 10
Everything else: H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 8

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Change the canvas size to 750 x 750.  Add a new raster layer, send to the bottom and flood fill with white.

Delete the following layers: Tracy F Designz and strips.

Activate the rectangle layer.  Select all, float and defloat.

Open a paper of choice and resize 17%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete the original layer.

Repeat these steps for the following layers: circle 1, half circle and circle 2.  Do no deselect after adding the paper layer to circle 2.  Copy and paste the close-up tube as a new layer.  If you're using the same tube I did, resize 90%.  Arrange within the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Apply the Xero Radiance plug-in with these settings:

Strangeness: 120
Charm: 60
Truth: 75
Beauty: 255

Click OK.

Change the blend mode to Hard Light and reduce the opacity to 55.

Activate the text layer; select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer.

Change your foreground colour to #c6c4c5 and your background to black.  Change the foreground to gradient with these settings:

Style: Linear
Angle: 45
Repeats: 1
Invert unchecked

Flood fill the selection with this gradient, deselect.  Delete the original layer.

Activate the dotted line layer, select all, float and defloat.  Add a new raster layer.

Flood fill with the same gradient, but check the box beside Invert this time.  Deselect and delete the original layer.

Drop shadow all the glitter layers, the text and the dotted line.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, move to the right side of your tag.  Drop shadow.

Now add your elements, I used:

heartcluster: resize 20%
dancers: resize 20%, then 70%
butterfly: resize 12%; free rotate right 15 degrees; duplicate and mirror as desired
bowtie: resize 25%
purse: resize 30%
rose_red: resize 10%, then 70%

Apply drop shadow to all elements.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer and add new raster layer.  Change the foreground gradient settings to:

Style: Radial
Angle: 45
Repeats: 5
Invert checked

Flood fill the new layer with this gradient.  Apply the mask and merge the mask layer.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the size of the mask if desired.

Crop and resize your tag, add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!

Thanks for trying my tutorial, I hope you enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results and add them to my slide show, email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket