24 November 2011

Santa Lives Here (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Santa Lives Here

This tutorial was written by me on November 24th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Tootypup Scraps called "Christmas Joy".  You can purchase this wonderful and festive kit from Aussie Scrap Designs.  Thanks so much Susan!

Tube of choice: I used a wonderful tube by Myriadelle.  This tube was part of the 2011 Christmas gift package from the wonderful people at PTE.

Mask of choice: I used Christmas mask #16 by Vaybs.  Download from her blog HERE.

Font of choice: I used Island of Misfit Toys, HERE.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 50, Blur 10.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 700, white background.

From the kit, open ChristmasAroundTheWorld_03 and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move down towards the bottom of your canvas.  Apply drop shadow

Resize the tube 55%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Position as shown in my tag.  Drop shadow.

Now have fun adding your other elements; I used:

DecoRibbon_01: resize 50%, duplicate and mirror
FlowerDecow_01: resize 55%
GiftBox_01: resize 15%, then 85%
GiftBox_02: resize 15%, mirror
XmasBall_01, 02, 03 & 04: resize each 5%, duplicate as many times as desired and use to decorate trees in the foreground.  Duplicate some of the balls and resize a further 70%.
HollyRibbon_01: resize 15%, duplicate as many times as desired and use to decorate trees.

Drop shadow all elements.

Hide background layer and merge visible.  Resize merged layer 95%.

Unhide background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection, deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!

Send me your results and I'll show them off in my slide show.  Email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket