08 November 2011

Give Thanks (FTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Give Thanks

This tutorial was written by me on November 8th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written with the assumption that you have a general knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful FTU kit by Bev of Horseplay's Pasture Designs called "Thankful Hearts".  What a beautiful kit!!  Download from her blog HERE and please remember to leave a thank you for Bev in exchange for hard work freely shared. ♥

Tube of choice: I used an adorable tube by Sue Miller.  You can find this wonderful artists tubes at Up Your Art.  You must have a license to use her work.

Mask of choice: I used mask #260 by Weescotslass

Font of choice:  I used Caramel Crunch, a pay font.

Plug-in used: Eye Candy 4000; Gradient Glow (for the name)

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Element #42.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move to the bottom right side of the canvas (see my tag for placement).

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer, resize 80%.  Move to the left side and position as shown on my tag.

Add the rest of your elements, I used:

#1 & 2: resize each 20%
#12: resize 80%
#22: resize 60%
#23: resize 70%; duplicate and resize 80%.  Position; duplicate again and mirror
#38: do not resize
#49: resize 40%

Apply drop shadow to all your layers.  Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and apply Eye Candy 4000 gradient glow with these settings:

Under the colour tab:

Choose "Medium", change the colour to #feca30

Under the "Basic" tab:

Glow Width: 3.00
Soft Corners: 25
Overall Opacity: 100
Draw Only Outside Selection checked

Click OK.

Add the appropriate copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished, I hope you enjoy your new tag!

If you try my tutorial, I'd love it if you'd send me your result so I can show it off in my slide show.  Email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket