03 November 2011

Fairytale Dreams (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Fairytale Dreams

This tutorial was written by me on November 3rd, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written with the assumption that you have a general knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit called "Fairytale Dreams" by Gina's Gems.  I LOVE this kit, so many beautiful elements and papers!  You can find it at Butterfly Blush.

Tube of choice: I used a FTU tube by Lia.  I love this artist, her work is amazing and she very generously allows it to be used for non-commercial purposes.  Her terms of use are HERE.  To find her tubes, just do a google search.  : )

Mask of choice: I used mask #58 by Weescotslass.

Font of choice:  I used Despeinada, a pay font.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

If you're using the same tube I did, resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer and move to the left side of your canvas (see my tag for placement).

From the kit, open Grassy Hill.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move beneath your tube layer.  Arrange as shown in my tag.

Open Castle 2 and resize 40%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange as shown.

Duplicate the Grassy Hill layer, mirror and resize 60%.  Arrange to the right behind the castle.

Now add your other elements, I used:

Brush Sun: resize 50%
Brush Tree: resize 30%; duplicate and mirror
Horse and Carriage 2: resize 50%, then 85%
Prince 2: resize 15%, then 85%
Crown 1: resize 20%
Magical Flowers: resize 20%
Mushroom 2: resize 20%, then 95%
Mushroom 3: resize 15%
Butterfly Dot Doodle: resize 40%; duplicate and mirror
Butterfly Element: resize 40%
Frog: resize 20%
Swirly Cloud 2: resize 45%; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%

Open WordArt 6 and resize 50%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and arrange as shown.  Activate the Change To Target brush with these settings:

Size: 999
Hardness: 100
Step: 10
Density: 100
Thickness: 100
Rotation: 0
Opacity: 100
Continuous unchecked
Mode: Color

Center the brush on your canvas and left click to change the colour of the word art.

Apply drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 55 and Blur 10 for everything but the sun.  For the sun I used H&V 2, Opacity 30 and Blur 10.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection, deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag, add your name and all copyright information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!

Thanks for trying my tutorial, I'd love to see your results!  Email me HERE.

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket