18 June 2011

Who Says Love Is Blind? (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Who Says Love Is Blind?

This tutorial was written by me on June 18th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Shell's Scraps called "Glamorous Bella".  What a wonderful kit!  You can get it at Aussie Scrap Designs.  Thanks so much Shell!

Tube of choice: I'm using the sexy pinup art of Ismael Rac.  If you would like to use the same tube, you must purchase a license from his store HERE.

Mask of choice: I'm using another one of Dee's wonderful masks, #2.  Download from her blog HERE.

Plug-in used: Eye Candy; Gradient Glow.  Download a demo HERE.

Font of choice: I used Nadine Script Normal.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 42, Blur 10.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Put the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame1 and resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Use your magic wand to select inside the frame.

Resize the tube 80%, copy and paste as a new layer and arrange within the selection.  Invert the selection and use your eraser to remove the bottom part of the tube.  Do not deselect.

Selections > Modify > Contract by 4.

Open a paper of choice and resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer, move beneath the frame and the tube.  Tap delete.  Deselect.

Add your elements, I used:

spray1: resize 40%, then 85%
LotionBottle: resize 40%, then 85%
clock1: resize 35%
lipstick1: resize 10%
black rose: resize 20%, flip
rose1: resize 15%, mirror
Soapdish: resize 40%
perfumebottles1: select individually and resize each 20 or 25%
bag3: resize 30%

Apply drop shadow to all layers, hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection and deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and a quote if you wish.  I used one of Mae West's famous quotes: "Always look your best, who says love is blind?"

Apply a white gradient glow to your quote and your name.  Here are the settings I used:

(Click to see larger image)

Add all applicable copyright and license information, save as a jpeg or png and you're done!  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your results, email me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket