16 June 2011

Down By The Pond (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Down By The Pond

This tutorial was written by me on June 16th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful kit by Kittie's Sinful Designs called "Down By The Pond".  LOVE this kit!!  Visit her blog for purchase information.  Thanks so much Ginnie!

Tube of choice: I used the lovely fairy art of Caron Vinson.  Caron was with CILM when I bought this tube, you can now purchase her tubes from CDO.

Mask of choice: I used one of Dee's awesome masks, #8.  Download from her blog HERE.

Font of choice: I used Mirielle, a pay font, HERE.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 48, Blur 10.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Save the mask to your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open element 3 and resize 90%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move to the top slightly.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, resize 85%.

Add your elements; I used:

1: resize 15%
4: resize 10%, then 80%
8: resize 25%
10: resize 18%
11: resize 10%, then 85%
12: resize 35%
13: resize 50%, then 65%.  Duplicate and mirror
14: resize 30%
16: resize 20%; duplicate and mirror
17: resize 10%, then 60%; duplicate, mirror, resize 70%
29: resize 20%, then 85%
30: resize 10%, then 85%

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect and apply the mask, merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust size and placement to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize the tag, add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're finished!  Thanks for trying my tutorial.  :-)

I'd love to see your result, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket