05 May 2011

Woodland Queen (FTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Woodland Queen

This tutorial was written by me on May 5th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an awesome FTU kit by Amanda Kelleher called "Twisted Vines".  You can download this and many other gorgeous free kits from her store HERE.  Thanks so much for your generosity Amanda!!

Tube of choice: I used the wonderful art of Zephir d'Elph with a valid license.  You can purchase this amazing artists work at Up Your Art.

Mask of choice: I used one of Bev's awesome masks, #28.  Download from her blog HERE.

Plug-in needed: FM Tile Tools; Saturation Emboss, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Fleur deLeah, a pay font.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

From the kit, open element 16 and resize 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame, expand the selection by 4.  Open paper #31 and mirror; resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Arrange as desired, invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Apply FM Tile Tools, Saturation Emboss with the default settings.

Use the magic wand to click inside the frame again.  Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, duplicate and move the original below the frame.  Invert the selection and use the eraser to remove parts of the tube that overlap the bottom of the frame (do this for both).  Deselect.  Apply a drop shadow of choice to the bottom tube only.

Add your elements, I used:

#1: do not resize
#2: resize 80%
#8: resize 45%
#9, 10 & 11: resize 15%
#13: resize 45%
#14: resize 45%

Apply a drop shadow to all elements; I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 10.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect and apply the mask, merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust size and placement.

Crop and resize the tag, add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're done!  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket