10 May 2011

Welcome Spring! (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Welcome Spring!

This tutorial was written by me on May 10th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a bright and beautiful kit by Karin Kreates Scrapz called "Spring Cheer".  This is such a lovely cheerful kit and it was a pleasure to work with!  You'll find it at I Got Lucky Skraps.  Thanks so much Karin!

Tube of choice: I used the adorable artwork of Suzanne Woolcott aka Gorjuss with a valid license.  If you would like to use the same tube, you can purchase it from her store HERE.

My word art here:

It's a png file, right click and save to your computer.

Mask of choice: I used mask #7 by Dee, download from her blog HERE.

Font of choice: I used LHF Wade Grotesque Swash, a pay font.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 800 x 750, white background.

Open my word art in PSP and minimize for now.

From the kit, open Frame05 and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame and expand the selection by 5.  Open a paper of choice, resize 55%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move below the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Copy and paste the word art as a new layer, arrange within the frame.

Add some fun elements, I used:

Lazy Flower Cluster: resize 60%
Tag 02: resize 70%
Flower 02: resize 60%
Flower 06: resize 60%, then 85%
Dragonfly 01, 02 & 03: resize each 25%; free rotate left or right 15 degrees, sharpen
Butterfly 01: resize 25%; free rotate left 30 degrees, sharpen
Butterfly 03: resize 25%; free rotate right 30 degrees, sharpen

Add your tube and arrange on the right side of the frame.

Drop shadow all layers, I used: H&V 2, Opacity 45, Blur 8.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Resize the merged layer 90%.

Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the size to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and free rotate 40 degrees right, arrange on top of tag.

Add all applicable copyright and license info, save as a jpeg or png.  You're finished!  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your results, email me!  :-)

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket