02 May 2011

Spring Has Arrived (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Spring Has Arrived

This tutorial was written by me on May 2nd, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an absolutely stunning kit by Diane of Candy's Treats called Springtime.  Diane is one of my favourite designers and her kits never fail to amaze me.  This one has a gorgeous colour palette and beautiful elements.  I LOVE it!!  You can get it at Stargazer Scraps.  Thank you so much Diane!

Tube and close-up of choice: I used the gorgeous artwork of Tony Tzanoukakis with a valid license.  You can purchase this tube at PTE.

Mask of choice: I used one of Bev's wonderful masks, #1.  Download from her blog HERE.

Font of choice: I used SNF Sunday which is a pay font available HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of you choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame 10 and resize 95%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the freehand selection tool, carefully draw a selection around the frame, like this:


Open a paper of choice and resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move beneath the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open the close-up tube and resize as needed (I resized 80%).  Copy and paste as a new layer and position in the top left frame.  Tap delete and use your eraser to remove the part that shows in the lower frame.  Change the blend mode to Luminance (L).  Do not deselect.

Mirror the close-up tube, then copy it.  Paste the mirrored tube as a new layer, resize 80% and position in the lower right frame.  Tap delete, deselect.  Change the blend mode to Luminance (L).

Add a drop shadow to your tubes, I used H&V 0, Opacity 47, Blur 12.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer and move to the bottom of the frame.  Apply the same drop shadow as above.

Add your elements, I used:

Flower Scatter 1: resize 70%, position over the top frame and erase the excess.  Paste again, free rotate 90 degrees right, position over the frame on the left side and erase the excess.  Repeat these steps as many times as you wish.  See my tag for reference.
Berries: resize 30%, then 85%
Conkers: resize 30%, then 85%
Pears: resize 25%
Grass Flowers: resize 30%
Grass: resize 20%
WA5: do not resize

Apply a drop shadow of choice to all tag elements.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 48, Blur 10.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of everything, then hide your background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Selections > Select All.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust size to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're done!  Enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your result, email me!  :-)

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket