06 May 2011

Romantic Picnic (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Romantic Picnic

This tutorial was written by me on May 6th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a beautiful kit by Moody Designz called "Romantic Picnic".  What a lovely kit this is!  It was a real pleasure to work with and I adore the colour palette!  You can get it at Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much Moody!

Tube & close-up of choice: I used the awesome artwork of Gary Rudisill with a valid license.  If you wish to use the same tube, you can purchase it from PTE.

Mask of choice: I used one of Dee's wonderful masks, #3.  Download from her blog HERE.

Plug-in needed: FM Tile Tools, Edge Glow, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Aquarelle, HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

From the kit, open Frame 3 and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer; mirror.

Using the freehand selection tool, carefully draw a selection around the frame, like this:



Open a paper of choice, resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move below the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open the close-up tube, copy and paste as a new layer.  Arrange within the frame and tap delete to remove the excess.  Deselect.

Apply FM Tile Tools, Edge Glow using the default settings.  Change the blend mode to Luminance Legacy.  Apply a drop shadow, I used H&V 0, Opacity 50, Blur 12.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer; mirror.  Arrange on the left side of the frame, apply drop shadow.

Add your elements, I used:

Picnic Basket: resize 35%
Rose 1: resize 25%
Rose 2 & 3: resize 25%, then 85%
Ladybug: resize 15%, then 85%; free rotate 20 degrees right
Candle: resize 30%
Butterflies: resize 15%, then 85%.  Free rotate 20 degrees left or right

Apply drop shadow to all elements, I used: H&V 2, Opacity 50, Blur 10.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're done!

I'd love to see your results!  Email me.  :-)

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket