10 May 2011

Dear Diary (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Dear Diary


This tutorial was written by me on May 9th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.


PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.


This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.


Supplies Needed


Scrap kit of choice: I used a fabulous kit called "Dear Diary" by Clarey of Clarey's Designz.  Clarey always makes gorgeous kits and this one is no exception, I LOVE it!  You can get it from her store HERE.  Thanks so much Clarey!


Tube & close-up of choice: I used the beautiful artwork of Anna Liwanag with a valid license.  Anna was with MPT when I purchased this tube but is now with PTE.


Template of choice: I used template #70 by Scrap Rebellion, HERE.


Plug-ins needed: Xero - Porcelain HERE; Penta - Color Dot HERE; Eye Candy - Gradient Glow Demo HERE (optional, used on name only)

Font of choice: I used Mr. Leopolde, a pay font


~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.  Resize all layers 90%, then change the canvas size to 800 x 750.  Unhide Raster 1 and flood fill the blank space with white.


Delete Raster 9 and 10.  Activate copy of Raster 2 > Selections > Select All > Float > Defloat. Open a paper of choice from the kit, copy and paste as a new layer.  Resize if you wish, I did not.  Selections > Invert > tap delete.  Deselect and delete the original layer.


Follow the above instructions for Raster 5, 6, 4, 3, 8, 2 and copy of Raster 3.


After adding the paper layer to Raster 3 and copy of Raster 3, apply the Penta Color Dot filter using these settings:




Activate Raster 8, select all, float, defloat.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with #a7244e.  Deselect.  Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add Noise > Random, 65%, Monochrome checked. Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen.  Delete original layer.  Repeat these steps for the copy of Raster 8.


Activate Raster 7, select all, float, defloat.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with #c0e8f0.  Deselect and apply the same noise effect as above.  Delete original layer.


Using the magic wand, click inside this frame and expand the selection by 3.  Copy and paste the close up tube and move to the far left.  Invert the selection and tap delete, deselect.  Apply Xero - Porcelain with the default settings.


Apply a drop shadow to all template layers, as well as the tube.  I used: H&V 0, Opacity 42, Blur 12.


Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer, move in front of the front right square (see my tag for placement).  Apply drop shadow above.


Now have some fun and add your elements!  I used:


Diary1: resize 40%, then 90%
EnvelopeString2: resize 80%
Glittertrail: resize 70%
Epoxyvine2: resize 50%; mirror; free rotate 20 degrees right
KeyandPadlock2: resize 45%
Doodlepad2: resize 50%; free rotate 15 degrees right
CurledRibbon1: resize 60%, flip
CurledRibbon2: resize 60%, mirror
CurledRibbon3: resize 60%
Flowers: resize 25%
Epoxyvine1: resize 35%
Pen3: resize 35%; mirror; free rotate 90 degrees left


Apply drop shadow to all elements, I used: H&V 2, Opacity 45, Blur 8


Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Resize the merged layer 90%.


Copy and paste Wordart1 as a new layer and move below the merged layer.  Arrange at the top of the tag.  Duplicate and move the copy to the bottom (see my tag for reference).  Merge these two layers together and add a light drop shadow.  I used H&V 0, Opacity 25, Blur 10.


Add your name and apply Eye Candy Gradient Glow (if using).  Here are the settings I used:



Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're done! Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your results, email me.  :-)

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket