27 April 2011

Life In Full Bloom (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Life In Full Bloom

This tutorial was written by me on April 27th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a beautiful kit by Dana's Creative Studio called "Changing This Day".  You'll find this lovely kit at Aussie Scrap Designs.  Thanks so much Dana!

Tube of choice: I used the fairy art of Caron Vinson with a valid license.  Caron was with CILM when I purchased this tube and is now at CDO.

Template of choice: I used one of Daira's wonderful Spring templates called Spring 1 - Full Bloom.  You'll find it on her blog HERE (look for the "Spring Sets" heading and download #1).

Mask of choice: I used a mask I got from Creative Misfits Creations.  It's one that came in the floral theme pack HERE (mask name: Floralmask1byJenny).

Plug in used: Eye Candy Impact; Gradient Glow (optional, the same type effect can also be achieved using drop shadow).

Font of choice: I used P22 OhLey, a pay font.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template, duplicate and close the original.  Change the canvas size to 800 x 700.  Delete the watermark and butterfly layers.

Activate the circles layer.  Select All > Float > Defloat.  Open a paper of choice and resize 15 - 18%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect and delete the original layer.  Apply a drop shadow of choice, I used H&V 0, Opacity 48, Blur 10.

Follow the above directions for the remaining template layers except for the word art.  When you have the word art selected, add a new raster layer.  Flood fill with #4a7202 and deselect.  Delete the original layer.  Apply the Gradient Glow effect using #d2fa28.

Add your elements, I used:

Leave01: resize 12%
Ribbon01: resize 20%
Butterflies: resize 10% initially, then reduce a further 85% for each additional one you add.  Free rotate 12 degrees right.
Charme02: resize 10%
Bird03: resize 10%, then 40%
Bird02: resize 10%, 40%, then 85%; mirror
Eyelet02: resize 10%, then 50%, place on the circles
Flower02: resize 10%, then 70%
Glitterdoodle03: resize 30%

Apply drop shadow to all elements, I used H&V 2, Opacity 48, Blur 10.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, move below the ribbon layer.  Drop shadow.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of everything, then hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust size and position to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and apply the same gradient glow (or drop shadow effect if you're using that instead).  Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're finished.  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your result, email me.  :-)

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket