23 April 2011

Dream of Me (PTU)

 
(Click tag to see full-size image) 

Dream of Me 

This tutorial was written by me on April 23rd, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work with other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Leigh of Heartfelt Perfections called "Dreambows".  Such a lovely kit!  You can get it at Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much Leigh!

Tube of choice: I used the wonderful art of Jennifer Janesko with a valid license.  Jennifer was with CILM when I purchased this tube but is now at CDO.

Mask of choice: I used mask #4 by Weescotslass.

Font of choice: I used Shalimar Swash, which is a pay font.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP mask folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame4, do not resize.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame.  Expand the selection by 5.  Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer and resize 70%.  Arrange within the frame, then invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer and resize as desired.  If you're using the same tube, I resized 70%.  Arrange within the frame, tap delete to remove the excess.  Deselect.

Add a drop shadow to the frame, I used H&V 0, Opacity 55, Blur 12.

Drop shadow the tube, I used H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 10.

Add your other elements, I used:

book: resize 50%
bottle: resize 50%
clock: resize 60%, then 85%
bowstring: resize 40%
bird: resize 35%
pearls: resize 40%, flip and use the raster deform tool to fit across the book (see my tag for reference)
heart: resize 30%; duplicate and mirror; resize 85%
luggage: resize 60%
fabflow: resize 45%; duplicate and mirror; resize 85%
butterfly: resize 20%; free rotate 20 degrees right and sharpen; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%

Apply a drop shadow to all elements (same as applied to the tube).

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Change size and placement using the raster deform tool.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're finished!

Thanks for trying my tutorial, I'd love to see your results!  Email me!  :-)

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket