06 March 2011

Steampunk Sweetheart (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Steampunk Sweetheart

This tutorial was written by me on March 6th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Susan of Tootypup Scraps called "Rustic Love".  I love Susan's kits and I have to say her interpretation of the steampunk style is a great success, I love this kit!  You can get her kits at Aussie Scraps or Twilight Scraps.  Thanks so much Susan!

Tube of choice: I used the awesome art of Robert Alvarado.  If you want to use the same tube, you can purchase it from MPT.

Mask of choice: I used mask #75 by Weescotslass.

Font of choice: I used Billy Argel, HERE.

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

From the kit, open gearRing-1 and resize 45%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Using the magic wand, click inside the gear and expand the selection by 2.  Open a paper of choice from the kit, resize 50%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Move below the gear layer, invert selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  If you're using the same tube I did, resize 90%.  Duplicate and move the original below the gear layer.  Activate the tube copy and using the eraser, remove the parts of the tube that overlap the gear on the bottom.  Switch to the original tube layer and use the eraser to carefully remove the bits that show beneath the gear.  Apply drop shadow to the bottom tube only.  Hide the background layer and merge visible.

Open clock2, resize 50%.  copy and paste as a new layer, move below the merged layer and arrange at the top left (see my tag for placement).  Drop shadow.

Open bronzeGear2, resize 30%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move below the merged layer and move to the bottom right side.  Drop shadow.

Add your other elements and apply drop shadow as you go.  I used:

flower6: resize 10%
flower5: resize 10%, then 85%
rusticGears4: resize 65%; free rotate right 45 degrees
rusticLamp-2: resize 30%
butterflyFancy2, 3 & 4: resize each 10%, free rotate one of the butterflies 12 degrees left and place on the lamp.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Selections > Select All.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust size and placement to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket