18 March 2011

Let's Celebrate Easter! (PTU)


(Click tag to see full-size image)

Let's Celebrate Easter!

This tutorial was written by me on March 18th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an adorable new kit by ZaZa of Scraps & Tubes by ZaZa called "Let's Celebrate Easter"  What a wonderful kit this is!!  It's filled with gorgeous flowers, many beautiful spring/Easter elements and lovely papers.  I made the tag entirely with elements from the kit.  You can get it from Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much ZaZa!

Mask of choice: I used one of Bev's awesome masks, #1.  Download from her blog HERE.  Thanks Bev!

Font of choice: the font I used is is simply called "Easter" and I'm darned if I can find it anywhere!  I can't remember where I got it or if it's a free or pay to use font.  However, you'll find lots of free, fun-to-use Easter fonts HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame 4.  Resize 65%, copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame; modify and expand the selection by 3.

Open a paper of choice, resize 70%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and move below the frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open Rainbow: resize 50%, move to the top of the paper layer (see my tag for placement).
Open Tree: resize 50%, copy and paste as a new layer, move to the far left side.
Open Pond: resize 60%; copy and paste as a new layer and arrange at the bottom.
Open Grass: resize 50%, then 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the bottom.
Open Flowers: resize 20% and place on the far left side (see my tag).  Duplicate and mirror, resize 85%, arrange as desired, using my tag as a reference or going your own way.
Babys Breath: resize 40%, move to the bottom right.

Activate each one of these layers and tap the delete key to remove any excess.  Deselect.

Add a drop shadow to these layers.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 46, Blur 6.

Now add your other elements, applying drop shadow as you go.  I used:

Bunny 2: resize 75%
Baby Chick: resize30%
Flowers Doodle: resize 50%; free rotate 25 degrees left and arrange on the right side of the frame.  Duplicate and mirror, place an area of the flowers above the original.  Zoom in and use the freehand selection tool with feather set to 1 to draw a selection around areas you want to get rid of.  Tap delete 2 or 3 times.  Move this layer below the original.
Flower 4: resize 15%; duplicate and resize 85%.  Use as many of these as you like.
Bird: resize 25%
Egg 4: resize 30%
Egg 5: resize 30%, then 85%; free rotate 90 degrees left

Copy and paste the tree again, move to just above the background layer.  Resize 55% and duplicate.  Mirror and move the copy down a bit.  Use the eraser to get rid of the excess.  Merge these two layers together and duplicate; mirror.  Add a light drop shadow: H&V 2, Opacity 25, Blur 6.

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Selections > Select All.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag, then add your name.  Save as a jpeg or png and you're finished!

Thanks for trying my tutorial, I hope you enjoy your new tag.

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket