16 March 2011

Let Me Be Your Tweetheart (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Let Me Be Your Tweetheart

This tutorial was written by me on March 16th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful new kit by Cinnamon Scraps called "I Love Spring".  This kit is adorable and has a very large selection of papers and wonderful elements.  It was a lot of fun to work with!  You can get it from Sophista-Scraps.

Tube of choice: I used the fun artwork of Dean Yeagle, who was with CILM when I purchased this tube.  You can now purchase his tubes from CDO.

Mask of choice: I used mask #192 by Gems.

Font of choice: I used Shalimar Swash

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 46, Blur 8

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

Open a paper of choice (I used paper 4), copy and paste as a new layer.  Apply the mask (Source luminance, Fit to layer, and Hide all mask selected).  Merge the mask group.

Activate the picture tube tool and choose Lawn from the drop-down menu.  Add a new raster layer and click multiple times at the bottom of the tag, moving the cursor slightly each time, until you have the look you want.  I'm including the lawn I created in case you're using a version of PSP that doesn't include this tube or you just don't feel like creating your own.  ;-)  Simply copy and paste as a new layer.  Download HERE.

Open the birdhouse and resize 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the left side of the mask layer (see my tag for placement).  Drop shadow.

Open branches, free rotate 90 degrees left and resize 40%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, arrange on top of the birdhouse pole and erase the excess at the bottom.  Don't worry if it looks a bit chopped off, we'll be covering it with grass and flowers anyway.  Duplicate this layer and mirror, move below the original layer and arrange as seen in my tag.  Erase any excess at the bottom.  Drop shadow both layers.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  Drop shadow.

Add your other elements.  I used:

flowers (your choice): resize each 10%
butterflies (your choice): resize each 15%
balloon 2: resize 25%, then 85%
balloon 1: resize 25%, then 85% twice; mirror
bird 1: resize 20%; mirror
bird 2: resize 30%; mirror
bird 4: resize 20%
bird 5: resize 20%, then 85%
bunny: resize 40%
cloud 2: resize 45%; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%.
flowerpot: resize 45%
grass: resize 20%, duplicate as many times as desired
leaves: resize 20%; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%

Drop shadow all elements.

Crop and resize your tag, add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpeg and you're all finished!  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket