05 March 2011

Hurts So Good (No Scraps)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Hurts So Good

This tutorial was written by me on March 5th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Tube of choice: I used a wonderful tube by Alena Lazareva whose awesome work I've just discovered.  I adore this tube!!  You can get it at Up Your Art.

Template of choice: I used template #22 by Mirella of Scrapity Scrap and More.  Download HERE.

Mask of choice: I used mask #7 by Weescotslass.

Doodle of choice: I used a doodle whose file name is heartsnstuffdoodles_rv.  I can't remember where I got this as I've had it for a very long time.  I don't want to supply it when I can't credit the creator so if you recognize this and know who created it, please email me with contact info so I can get permission to supply it or direct you to the proper place to download.  Alternately, you can find all kinds of lovely doodles at Doodles by Cats Creations.  Cat has lots of doodles that would work equally well!  :-)

My Word Art: download HERE.

Plug-ins needed: Eye Candy 3.1, Glass.  (There is also a glass filter in Eye Candy 4000 and Impact, use whatever you have).
Toadies: What Are You?  HERE

Font of choice: I used TheNautiGal

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.  Delete the "Scrapity Scrap" layer.  Change the canvas size to 750 x 750.  Activate the Raster 1 layer and flood fill the blank area with white.

Activate the "Circle" layer.  Selections > Select All > Float > Defloat.  Open the image that comes with your tube, resize 75%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, arrange within the selection.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

We're going to add a texture effect to the image.  Effects > Texture Effects > Texture > select Canvas simple from the drop-down menu with these settings:


Click OK.

Activate the "top square" layer.  Select all, float, defloat.  Flood fill the selection with #44413c. Copy and paste the tube as a new layer and arrange a portion of it within the selection.  Invert and tap delete.  Deselect.  Apply the texture effect to the tube and change the blend mode to Luminance (Legacy).

Follow these same steps for the middle and bottom squares.

Activate the "circle border" layer.  Select all, float, defloat.  Selections > Modify > Expand > expand by 2.  Flood fill the selection with #44413c.  Deselect.  

Apply an Inner Bevel with these settings:


Apply Eye Candy 3.1 Glass with these settings:


Follow these steps for the remaining borders.

Activate the "top thin slats" layer.  Select all, float, defloat.  Change your foreground colour to #44413c and your background to #c8aea2.  Change the foreground to a gradient, choose Foreground/Background from the drop-down menu.  Select Linear style, set the Angle to 315 and Repeats to 3.  Flood fill the selection with the gradient and deselect.  Do the same for the "bottom thin slats" layer, but switch the foreground and background colours (click the small double-headed arrow icon in your Materials palette.)  Right click to flood fill.

Apply drop shadow to all elements.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer.

Duplicate the merged layer and activate the original.  Apply Toadies What Are You?  Set the X-dose and Y-dose to 15.

Add your doodle, change the foreground colour to #c8aea2.  Activate the change to target brush with these settings: Size: 999, Hardness: 50, Step: 10, Density: 100, Thickness: 100, Rotation: 0, Opacity: 100, Continuous UNchecked and Mode: Color.  Center your brush over the tag and left click once.  Drop shadow.

Copy and paste my word art and move to the top (see my tag for placement).  Drop shadow.

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Flood fill with #44413c.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to change the size and placement to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpg or png and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket