22 February 2011

Wild Irish Rose (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Wild Irish Rose

This tutorial was written by me on February 22nd, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tut is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an awesome kit by Artmama Made called "Siochan".  This gorgeous kit is full-size, so would also be wonderful for creating layouts.  I always love any kit made by Artmama, and this kit is truly stunning, I had a lot of fun creating this tag.  You can get it at Stargazer Scraps.  Thanks so much Candee!

Tube and close-up of choice: I used the wonderful pinup art of Keith Garvey with a valid license.  If you wish to use the same tube, you must purchase a license from PTE.

Mask of choice: I used a wonderful mask I got at Creative Misfit Creations.  I used cm_stpatsmask by Vicky, download HERE.

Font of choice: I used Irish Jig, available HERE.

Drop shadow used throughout, unless otherwise noted: H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit open embellie 11 and resize 25%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Image > Free Rotate > rotate right 90 degrees.

Using the freehand selection tool, draw a selection around the frame, like this:


Open a paper of choice, resize 15%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Move below the frame, invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open the close-up tube and resize 90% (if using the same tube), copy and paste as a new layer.  Arrange within the frame and tap delete.  Deselect.  Change the blend mode to Luminance (L) and reduce the opacity to 85%.  Apply drop shadow to tube and frame.  Hide the background layer and merge visible.

Copy and paste your main tube as a new layer, move to the left side of the frame and drop shadow.

Add the other elements, applying drop shadow as you go.  I used:

embellie 26: resize 25%, copy and paste above background layer, move to top so it shows above the frame.  Duplicate and move to bottom, erase excess.  See my tag for reference.
embellie 14: resize 16%
embellie 08: resize 25%, duplicate and resize 85%; mirror
embellie 06: resize 15%
embellie 25: resize 10%
embellie 15: resize 10%, duplicate and mirror.  Erase excess and merge down, arrange at top of frame; duplicate and flip.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of everything, then hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection and deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the size to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag, I resized 85%.

Change the foreground colour to #e0d1b8 and the background colour to #354621.  Select the Irish Jig font, size 85, stroke 2 and add your name.

Add an inner bevel using these settings:


Add all applicable copyright and license information and save as a jpg or png.  You're all finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag.

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket