12 February 2011

Flights of Fancy (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Flights of Fancy

This tutorial was written by me on February 12th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a beautiful kit by EmJay Scraps called "Flowers Take Flight".  I love a kit with flowers and butterflies and this one is gorgeous!  It's filled with lovely elements and papers, and I love the colour palette.  You can get this wonderful kit at Butterfly Blush.  Thanks so much for this lovely kit Em!

Tube of choice: I used the wonderful pinup art of Jamie Kidd with a valid license.  Jamie used to be at CILM but is now at CDO.

Mask of choice: I used one of the wonderful masks created by Essex Girl.  I used sg_stencil-flowered-octagon and you can find it HERE.

Font of choice: I used Passions Conflict, which is a pay font.  You can also use Aquarelle, which is a free font that is almost identical.  You can download it HERE.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Element 43 and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Open Element 53 and resize 85%.  Arrange on top of the frame and use the raster deform tool to adjust the size to fit, see my tag for reference.  Duplicate this layer.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer between the two frame elements.  Using the eraser on the top copy, remove the part across her head.  I also removed the part across the bottom of the frame from both the original and copy, because I found it too busy when I added the ribbon element, but this is up to you.

Drop shadow the bottom element only, I used H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 8.  I used the same drop shadow for all elements, unless otherwise noted.

Using the magic wand, click inside the square frame and invert the selection.  Using the eraser once again, remove the bottom part of the tube that overlaps the frame.  Invert the selection again and expand by 5.  Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer and move below the square frame.  Resize 55%, invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Drop shadow the frame, I used H&V 0, Opacity 62, Blur 15.

Copy and paste Element 20 as a new layer above the paper.  Do not resize.  Move to the left and arrange as shown on my tag.  Duplicate and move the copy to the right, erase any excess.  Do not apply a drop shadow.

Open Element 28 and resize 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the top of your layers.  Erase the large butterfly and arrange on the right side of the frame.

Open Elements 7 and 8.  Resize each 30%, then duplicate and resize 85%.  Arrange these on either side of the frame.  Continue until you have all the flowers you wish.

Open Element 37 and resize 85% twice.  Place at the bottom of the frame and use the raster deform tool to push the sides in a bit more so it looks like it's wrapped around the frame.

Open Element 24 and resize 40%, then 85%.  Free rotate right 15 degrees.  Place as desired on the left side of the tag.  Duplicate twice, resize and place as desired.

Open Element 14 and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer above the background layer.  Move to the top left side.  Duplicate and mirror.  Merge these two layers together.  Duplicate and flip.  Merge down once again.  Apply a light drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 25, Blur 5.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of everything, then hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag, then add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpg or png and you're finished!  I hope you enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket