02 January 2011

Vintage Beauty (PTU)

 (Click tag to see full-size version)

Vintage Beauty 

This tutorial was written by me on January 2nd, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit called Madamme Boudoir by Felice of Felice Original.  I love old-fashioned and vintage looks and this kit is just wonderful!!  It has so many lovely elements I barely scratched the surface with this tag.  You can get it from Aussie Scraps.  Thanks so much for this beautiful kit Felice!

Tube of choice: I used the beautiful art of *Irene Shpak.  If you'd like to use the same tube, you must purchase a license from MPT.

*It's been brought to my attention that Irene's art is now listed under the name Irene Owens.  Many thanks to Joyce for letting me know about it!  :-)

Mask of choice: I used one of Gem's wonderful masks, #199.  Download from her blog, HERE.

Font of choice: I used Mr. Blaketon

~~ Ready?  Let's begin! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open Frame-vintage-picture.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the rectangle selection tool, draw a selection around the frame.  Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer and resize as desired.  I resized 50%.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer, resize if desired (I did not resize) and tap delete to get rid of the excess.  Do not deselect.

Open vintage-dresser and resize 60%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, arrange within the frame and tap delete.  Deselect.  Add a drop shadow of choice to the frame, dresser and your tube.

Draw out a small rectangle at the bottom of the frame and either flood fill with a complimentary colour or use a coordinating paper to give the appearance of a carpet or flooring.  Add a drop shadow, I used H&V -2, Opacity 55, Blur 12. 

Add your elements; I used:

Perfume-bottle: Resize 30%
Lipstick: Resize 30%
Letter: Resize 35%
Candles: Resize 60%
Handbag: Resize 30%
Rosepetals: Resize 30%; free rotate left 60 degrees.  Duplicate as many times as you wish.
Vintage-rose: Resize 50%; free rotate left 32 degrees and mirror.  Duplicate, resize 85%, mirror.  Arrange as shown on my tag.
Mask: Resize 60%; free rotate right 15 degrees.  Zoom in and carefully erase part of the handbag handle so the mask looks like it's sticking out of the handbag.

Add a drop shadow of choice to all elements: I used H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 10.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of everything, then hide the background layer and merge visible.

Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Resize 90% and use the raster deform tool to further adjust the size to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag, add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpg or png and you're done!

Thanks for trying my tutorial, I hope you'll show me your tags!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket