22 January 2011

True Love Is Forever (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

True Love Is Forever

This tutorial was written by me on January 22nd, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous new kit by Tootypup Scraps called "Twilight Forever My Love".  What an amazing kit!!  Tooty always includes many wonderful elements and this kit is no exception!  My biggest problem was trying to decide which ones to leave out, which is really tough because they're all so beautiful.  Please visit Tooty's blog for store links.  Thanks so much for this lovely kit Susan!

Tube of choice: I used the beautiful art of Anna Liwanag.  If you wish to use the same tube, you must purchase a license from MPT.

Template of choice: I used one of Vaybs valentine templates (#3), available from her blog HERE.

Mask of choice: I used mask #212 by Gems, available on her blog HERE.

WordArt, created by me: download HERE.

Plug-in needed: Xero Radiance

Font of choice: I used Miss Stanfort

Drop shadow used throughout, unless otherwise stated: H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 8.

~~ Remember to save often! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP and delete the following layers: Raster 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 7, 6 and 5.  Change the canvas size to 750 x 750, activate Raster 1 and flood fill the blank area with white.

Activate Raster 2, select all, float and defloat.  Open a paper of choice from the kit, resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect, delete Raster 2.

Repeat for all remaining layers, resizing the papers 50% for the frames and 50%, then 70% for Raster 10 and Raster 8.  While working on Raster 10, before you deselect, open TrueLoveIsForever 3 and resize 50%, then 85% twice.  Free rotate 12 degrees right.  Copy and paste as a new layer above the paper layer and arrange within the frame.  Tap delete and deselect.  Apply Xero Radiance with these settings:


Reduce opacity to 80%.  Repeat these steps for Raster 8, except free rotate 12 degrees left.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer and move to the left side of the tag.  I don't like to leave a hard edge on my tubes, so using the rectangle selection tool, draw a small selection around the very bottom of the tube, like this:


Selections > Modify > Inside/Outside Feather > select "Both" and set the Feather amount to 7. Tap delete once, deselect.

Apply a drop shadow to your tube.  I like using Eye Candy Impact, Perspective Shadow for this.  If you have this plug-in as well and would like to use it, here are the settings I used:


If you don't have this filter, you can achieve almost the same result by using the drop shadow in PSP with these settings: V -2, H 10, Opacity 30, Blur 12.

Copy and paste my Word Art as a new layer and arrange at the top (see my tag for placement).

Now add your elements.  I used:

Pillar2: resize 70%
Rosevine2: resize 50% and move behind the framed pictures.  Arrange as desired, duplicate, mirror and arrange once again.  Use the eraser tool to remove any bits you don't want.
Bridal bouquet 3: resize 40%
Ringdeco2: resize 25%
Heart1: resize 25%; duplicate and mirror, resize 85%.  Free rotate 10 degrees left.
Sheet music1: resize 25%
Bow3: resize 20%

Make sure everything is placed to your satisfaction, then hide the background layer and merge visible.

Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection, deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to change the size to your satisfaction.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're all done!  I hope you enjoy your new tag!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket