16 January 2011

Simply Beautiful (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Simply Beautiful

This tutorial was written by me on January 16th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tut is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work with any version.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Kesha of KNC Scrapz called "Be My Valentine".  I loved working with this kit, there's so many wonderful elements to play with it was hard to decide which ones to choose!  LOL!  You can get it at Lollipops and Gumdrops.  Thanks for this wonderful kit hun!

3 tubes of choice: I used the gorgeous art of Jennifer Janesko.  Jennifer's tubes can now be found at CDO.

Mask of choice: I used Mask #40 by Weescotslass.

Font of choice: I used Mr. Lackboughs, a pay font.

~~ Let's make a new tag! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

From the kit, open the triple frame.  Resize 60%, copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside each of the frames, then expand the selection by 5.  Open a paper of choice from the kit, resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Move below the frame, invert selection and tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Copy one of your tubes, paste as a new layer.  Resize as desired, I resized each of my tubes 70%.  Arrange beneath one of the frames, tap delete to remove the excess.  Repeat for the remaining two frames.  Deselect.  Add a drop shadow of choice to the frame and each of the tubes.  I used H&V 2, Opacity 80, Blur 8 for the tubes and H&V 0, Opacity 65, Blur 12 for the frame.

Open branch2 and resize 35%, place in front of the right frame.  Apply drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 65, Blur 8 (I used this for all the elements).  Duplicate and move in front of the center frame, do the same for the left frame.  Using the eraser, remove any bits you don't want.

Add your other elements and apply drop shadow as you go.  I used:

Boxes: resize 60%
Element1: resize 15%, then 85%.  Free rotate 10 degrees right.  Sharpen
Teddy2: resize 40%
Hearts and pearls: resize 40%; duplicate and mirror.  Merge down, duplicate and flip.  Arrange as desired above the background layer.
Branch3: resize 50%, duplicate twice.
Rose: resize 10%; duplicate and resize 85%.  Duplicate each of these as many times as you wish and place them on the vines.
Wordart2: resize 60%

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.  Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a png or jpg and you're finished!  Thanks for trying my tutorial!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket