12 January 2011

I Love You (PTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

I Love You

This tutorial was written by me on January 12th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used an adorable kit by My Sweet Tater called "Pastel Valentine".  I love this kit!  Soft pinks, blues and purples make up the colour palette and it was just a joy to work with!  You can get it at I Got Lucky Skraps.  Thanks for this wonderful kit Margie!

Tube of choice: I used a super cute tube by Barb Kermis.  She was with CILM when I purchased this tube but she now has many free to use tubes on her website, Barb's Playground.

Template of choice: I used a wonderful template by Sarah at Sarah's Tags 'N Things.

Mask of choice: I used #17 by Weescotslass.

Font of choice: I used Huggable

~~ Let's make a new tag! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.

Flood fill Raster 1 with white.  Delete Vector 1 and Raster 3, 11, 12 and 13.

Activate Raster 8.  Adjust > Hue & Saturation > Colorize > Hue - 190, Saturation - 72.  Do the same for Raster 5 and Copy of Raster 5.

Activate Raster 2.  Select all, float, defloat.  Open a paper of choice, resize 20%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert the selection and tap delete, deselect.  Delete original layer.  Follow these directions for Raster 6 and Copy of Raster 6, resizing the paper 15%.

Activate Raster 9.  Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Colorize using the same settings as above. Merge this layer down with Raster 10.  Apply drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8.

Activate Raster 4.  Set foreground to #ac96c4 and background to white.  Using the color replacer tool with size set to 999, left click in the middle of your tag.  Repeat for Copy of Raster 4 layer, changing the foreground to #86a1d3.  Apply a light drop shadow, I used H&V 1, Opacity 40, Blur 2.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer and move to the left.  Drop shadow.

Add the elements and apply drop shadow.  I used:

PastelPink(9): resize 20%.  Free rotate 12 degrees right.
PastelPurp(9): resize 20%, then 85%.  Free rotate 12 degrees left.
PastelPink(1): resize 10%
PastelPink(10): resize 20%

Drop shadow the tag components.  I used H&V 0, Opacity 55, Blur 12

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer and add a new raster layer.  Flood fill with #ffd0e2 and apply the mask, then merge mask group.  Adjust the size with the raster deform tool.

Crop and resize your tag.

Type your name using the font Huggable: Size 72, Stroke 0, Colour: #a08abc, create as a vector.  Convert to raster layer and select all, float, defloat.  Selections > Modify > Expand > expand by 3.  Selections > Promote Selection to Layer.  Move this layer below your name and flood fill with white.  Deselect.  Apply a drop shadow: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 8.  Activate your name again and apply an Inner Bevel using these settings:


Add a drop shadow: H&V 1, Opacity 45, Blur 2.  Merge down.

Add applicable copyright information and save as a png or jpg.  You're all done!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol


Here's another quick tag I made using the same kit.  I just couldn't resist having another play with it!  LOL!  I call this one "Purr-fectly Content" ;-)


Image is © Barb Kermis.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it, this is just too cute..great job and so happy you like the kit..Hugs MJ

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket