20 January 2011

Bee My Valentine (FTU)

(Click tag to see full-size image)

Bee My Valentine

This tutorial was written by me on January 20th, 2011 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.

Supplies Needed

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful FTU kit by Cindy at Puddicat Creations called "Valentines Gift".  This is a beautiful kit with a lovely colour palette and lots of wonderful elements to play with!  Thanks so much for sharing this with us Cindy!  You can download from her blog HERE.  Please be sure to leave some love when you do, it's a small gesture for hard work freely shared.

Tube of choice: I'm using the gorgeous art of Barbara Jensen.  If you wish to use the same tube, you must purchase a license from Barb's store HERE.

Mask of choice: I used Mask 88 by Vaybs.  Download from her blog HERE.

Font of choice: I used 2Peas Giggle.

~~ Let's begin! This one is a nice easy-peasy quickie tag! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.

From the kit, open frame4 and resize 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the freehand selection tool; Selection type set to point to point, Mode set to Add and Feather set to 0, carefully draw a selection around the outside vine of the frame, like this:


Copy and paste a paper of choice and resize 80%.  Invert the selection and tap delete, move below the frame layer.  Deselect.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer and arrange as desired within the frame.  Duplicate and move the copy above the frame.  Using the eraser, remove the part of the copy that covers the bottom part of the frame, then activate the original and carefully remove the bit that shows beneath the frame.  Apply a drop shadow of choice to the bottom (original) tube only.

Add your elements and apply drop shadow as you go.  I used:

bee1: resize 15%, then 85% twice.  Free rotate right 10 degrees and sharpen.  Duplicate and resize further as many times as you like.
bear1: resize 50%
bear2: resize 50%, then 85%
flowers3: resize 40%, duplicate and resize 85%
flowers1: resize 50%

Type out "Bee my Valentine" and arrange as shown on my tag.  Drop shadow.

You may choose not to add this, here's the tag without:



Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag, then add your name and all applicable copyright and license info.  Save as a jpg or png.  You're all finished!

I'd love to see your results, email me!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket