30 December 2010

Comfy Coffeehouse (PTU)

 (Click tag to see full-size image)

Comfy Coffeehouse 

This tutorial was written by me on December 30th, 2010 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I'm using a lovely kit by Karin Kreates Scrapz called "Comfy Coffeehouse".  I love the colours in this kit!!  Karin has included many elements and gorgeous papers to play with, so there's plenty of choice and loads of possibilities.  You can get it at I Got Lucky Skraps.  Thanks for this great kit Karin!

Tube of choice: I used a tube by Pinup Toons with a valid license.  You can purchase these tubes from CILM until December 31st.

Template of choice: I used an awesome new template by Bev of Horseplay's Pasture.  I used #125.  Thanks for sharing these wonderful templates Bev!

Mask of choice: I used a mask by the very talented Vix, download HERE.  I used Mask 416.

Font of choice: I used Mr. DeHaviland

~~ Let's make a new tag! ~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.  Delete the credit and corner lines layers.  Change the canvas size to 780 x 650.  Activate the background layer and flood fill the blank areas with white.

Activate the Square 1 layer.  Select all, float, defloat.  Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer, resize 50%.  Invert the selection and tap delete, deselect.  Delete the original Square 1 layer.  Apply a drop shadow of choice to the paper layer, I used H&V 0, Opacity 70, Blur 8.

Repeat these steps for all other layers except the Hearts layer.  Use the color replacer tool to change the color to one that compliments the kit or your tube, I used colour #711402.

Add your elements, I used:

Big Bow 09: resize 40%; free rotate 20 degrees left and sharpen.
Bead String 04: resize 45%
Glass Disk 02: resize 35%
Long Ribbons 05: Select one of the three ribbons using the freehand selection tool, then copy and paste as a new layer.  Resize 30% and free rotate left 7 degrees.  Sharpen, duplicate and mirror.  Arrange under the bow and beads.
Leafy Branch 05: resize 80%

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the size to your liking.

Ensure you're happy with the placement of all elements, then hide the background layer and merge visible.  Crop and resize your tag.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpg or png and you're done!

Thanks for trying my tutorial!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket