11 November 2010

Classy & Fabulous (PTU)

 (Click tag to see full-size image) 

Classy & Fabulous 

This tutorial was written by me on November 11th, 2010 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP Version used: X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used an absolutely gorgeous kit by Diane of Candy's Treats.  OMG, how much do I love this kit!!  It's filled with gorgeous papers, elements, breathtaking cluster frames and fabulous word art.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this tag and can think of several more tags that can be created with it.  It's fabulous!!

Tube of choice: I used the beautiful pinup art of Jennifer Janesko with a valid license.  You can purchase her tubes from CILM.

Mask of choice: I used one of Essex Girl's wonderful masks, floral grungeframe6, which you can download from her site HERE (page 22).

Font of choice: I used Miss Lankfort

Let's make a new tag!

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of you choice.

Open a new image, 750 x 700, white background.

Open a cluster frame from the kit (Cluster4ts) and resize 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the left side of the tag.

Using the freehand selection tool, draw a selection around both circle frames, like this:
    
Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, resize 50% and place in the lower frame.  Invert the selection and tap delete.

Mirror the tube, copy and paste as a new layer, resize 40% and place in the upper frame.  Tap delete.  Do not deselect.

Open a paper of choice from the kit, copy and paste as a new layer, resize as desired and tap delete, move below the tube.  You may use the same paper for both frames or different ones, as I did.  Deselect.

Apply a drop shadow to the tubes, I used H&V 0, Opacity 55, Blur 12.

Drop shadow the frame, I used H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 6.  I used the same drop shadow for all elements as well.

Hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide background layer.

Paste the tube as a new layer once again (it should still be on your clipboard) and mirror.  Place on the right side of the tag, under the frame layer.  See my tag for placement.

I want to soften up the top of the tube where the hair is cut off.  To do this select all > float > defloat.  Selections > Modify > Inside/Outside Feather.  Choose the Inside button; Feather Amount: 10.  Invert the selection and tap delete once.

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all.  Copy a paper of choice and paste into selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to adjust the mask to your satisfaction.

Change the blend mode of your main tube to Luminance (L) or leave as is.  I like both effects, it's up to you.

Add your elements:

Flower5: resize 10%, then 85%
Blossom1: Resize 20% (the one in her hair was resized 30%)
Butterfly 1&2: Resize 35%
Overlay4: paste above the mask layer, do not resize; move down slightly.  Change blend mode to Screen.
Word Art: WAb1wshadow: Resize 90%

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license info.  Crop and resize your tag as desired and save.

Thanks for trying my tutorial and I'd love to see your results!

Hugs, Carol






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket