07 November 2010

Birds and Butterflies (PTU)

 (Click image to see full-size version) 

Birds and Butterflies 

This tutorial was written by me on November 7th, 2010 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.

PSP version used: X2, but should work with other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Angela of Bastelgalaxy called "Fly Little Friend".  What a beautiful kit this is!!  If you love purple like I do, this kit is definitely for you!  You can get it at Aussie Scrap Designs.

Tube of choice: I'm using the wonderful pinup art of Jamie Kidd with a valid license.  You can purchase her tubes from CILM.

Mask of choice: I used #200 by Gem's Taggin' Scraps, download HERE.

Font of choice: I used Aquarelle.

Let's get started!

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of you choice.

Open a new image, 700 x 700, white background.

From the kit, open frame04, copy and paste as a new layer.

Using the magic wand, click inside the frame, expand the selection by 8.  Open a paper of choice, copy and paste as a new layer.  Resize if desired (I resized 70%), invert the selection and tap delete.  Deselect.

Copy and paste the tube as a new layer.  Resize if desired, I resized 85%.  Arrange in the frame as desired, then duplicate the tube.  Move the original below the frame.  Working on the copy, use the eraser to remove the parts of the tube that overhang the frame on the bottom.  Switch to the original tube (the one below the frame) and carefully remove any bits that don't belong.  Drop shadow the bottom tube only, I used H&V 0, Opacity 50, Blur 10.  Apply the same drop shadow to the frame.

Add your elements:

bird07: resize 70%
bird08: resize 70%
bird15: resize 70%
butterfly 12 & 13: resize 30%
flower03: resize 95%
flower05: do not resize
flower06: resize 60%
flower12: do not resize
flower14: do not resize

Drop shadow your elements: I used H&V 2, Opacity 50, Blur 6.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of everything, then hide the background layer and merge visible.  Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Selections > select all.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.

Crop and resize your tag.

Now add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpg or png and you're finished!  I'd love to see any tags you make with this!

Hugs, Carol

1 comment:

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket