23 October 2010

Golden Girl (PTU)

 (Click on image to see full-size version) 

Golden Girl 

This tutorial was written by me on October 23rd, 2010 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I'm using a gorgeous kit called Antiqued Butterscotch by Treasures by Terry.  What a beautiful kit this is, I loved working with it!!  You can get it at Butterfly Blush.  Thanks for letting me use it Terry!  :-)

Template of choice: I used one of Artmama's wonderful templates which you can download from her blog HERE.

Mask of choice: I used Mask 208 by Weescotslass 

Tube of choice: I used the gorgeous pinup art of Gennadiy Koufay with a valid license.  You can purchase his tubes from CILM.

Plug-in used: DSB Flux, Bright Noise.

Font of choice: I used Miss Lankfort

Let's begin!

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the "Oh So Sexy" template, duplicate and close the original.  Delete the copyright layer.

Resize all layers 85% then change the canvas size to 750 x 750 so you have lots of room to work.  Activate the BG layer and flood fill the blank space with white.

Activate the Words layer; float, defloat.  Copy a paper of choice from the kit, resize as desired (I resized all papers 70%), paste as a new layer.  Arrange the paper as desired over the selection, then invert the selection and tap delete.  Continue in this manner for all the remaining layers except for the frames, dots, hearts, bl strips and the layer with the small words.

Colorize the B. Rect. and T. Rect. layers: Hue 18, Saturation 98.  After pasting your paper choice over these layers, change the blend mode to Color (L).

Small words layer (over the large rectangle): flood fill the selection with #5c3e29.  Left click two or three times until you like what you see.

I changed the colour of all the frames with the Color Replacer tool, which is located on the side menu under the paint brush (PSP default setting).  It looks like this:
Set your foreground colour to the colour you want to use (I changed the black frames, the dots and the hearts to colour #5c3e29 and the white part of the oval frame to #f5ebcc).  Use the eyedropper tool to select the colour you wish to change (for instance, right click on one of the black frames).  Set the brush size to 999, activate the layer you wish to change, center the brush and left click to change the colour.  Viola!

Add your elements:

Bow 6: Resize 40%
Butterfly 3 & 5: Resize each 30%, free rotate right or left 22 degrees, sharpen.  Duplicate and resize 85%, scatter around the tag.
Flower 7: Resize 30%, duplicate and flip.
Flower Doodle 2: Resize 50%, duplicate and mirror.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, arrange as shown.

Add a drop shadow of choice to your tube and all elements.  Hide the background layer and the "Oh So Sexy" layer, merge visible all other layers.  Unhide the background and words layer.

Duplicate the words layer twice for a total of three layers.  Hide the two duplicates and activate the original.  Apply DSB Flux Bright Noise; Intensity 38 and the Mix button selected.  Now hide the original layer, activate the first copy.  Apply the bright noise effect again, click the Mix button twice.  Do the same for the second copy, but click the Mix button three times.

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select All.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Resize the mask layer 95% and make any other adjustments you wish using the raster deform tool.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Crop and resize your tag as you wish.

Now lets animate!

Hide the two copies with the noise effect and activate the original.  Right click on your tag and choose Copy Merged from the pop-up menu.

Open Animation Shop.

Right-click on the workspace and choose Paste As A New Animation.

Back in PSP, close the original words layer and open and activate the first copy.  Right click, copy merged.

In AS: right click on the tag, paste after current frame.

Follow the same procedure for the final frame.  Click View > Animation to see your tag in action!  Save as a gif and you're all finished!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I'd love to see your results!

Hugs, Carol

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    First of all gotaria to introduce myself, my name is Liliane Albert.
    I'm a fan of his work and is with pezar I see his departure from the PSP.
    Too beautiful your tutorial Golden Girl and I would love to do it.
    I already bought the tube and the kit, but I lack the template, whose link no longer works.
    As the template is free would you please share it with me?
    My email is lilianealbert@gmail.com
    My apologies if I'm being inconvenient.
    I thank your attention.
    Hugs,
    Liliane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liliane and thank you for visiting my blog. I'm sorry you aren't able to download the template. I'd love to help you out but unfortunately I have a new computer and I no longer have it. The good news is there are lots of gorgeous templates out there and I'm confident you'll be able to find one that will work just as well. :)

    Thanks once again for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket