17 July 2010

A Little Night Music (PTU)

 (Click on tag to see full-size image) 

A Little Night Music 

This tutorial was written by me on July 17th, 2010 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I'm using an absolutely gorgeous kit called "House Music" by Herbert of HF-Projekte.  This kit is stunning and has so many wonderful elements I was only able to scratch the surface in this tag.  I'm sure to use this one again and again!  You can get it at Inspirations of Scrapfriends.  Thanks so much Heppy!

Tube of choice: I'm using the beautiful pinup art of Jennifer Janesko with a valid license.  You can purchase Jennifer's tubes from CILM.

Mask of choice: I used a beautiful mask called sg-stencil-flowered-octagon.  This mask is the beautiful work of Essex Girl, and can be downloaded from her website HERE.  She has many gorgeous masks available and I thank her for freely sharing her time and talent!

Font of choice: I used Lavishly Yours

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 7

~~~~~  Ready?  Let's make a new tag!  ~~~~~

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open a new image, 850 x 750, white background.  I like to have lots of room to work, we'll resize later.

From the kit, open m31 and resize 50%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, free rotate 90 degrees right.  Move to the right slightly.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  Resize if needed, I didn't resize mine.  Move below the frame.

Using the rectangle selection tool, draw out a selection on top of the frame, like this:


 Open a paper of choice, resize 20%, copy and paste as a new layer below the tube layer.  Invert the selection and tap delete.  Activate the tube layer, tap delete again.  Deselect.  Drop shadow the tube and the frame.  Merge these three layers (paper, tube, frame) together.

Open m5, resize 50%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Place on the left side of the frame.  Erase the long stem that sticks out to the right.  Drop shadow.

Open m37, resize 20%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Place on the left side of the frame and drop shadow.  Duplicate, mirror and resize 85%.  Arrange the copy on top of the first rose.

Open m27, resize 20%, then 90%.  Free rotate 10 degrees left, place on the left side of the frame, in front of the roses.  Duplicate and free rotate the copy 10 degrees left.  Sharpen both layers, drop shadow and arrange (see my tag).

Open m23, resize 30%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Mirror.  Use the freehand selection tool to draw a selection around the bow.  Cut and paste as a new layer.  Use the raster deform tool to rotate the bow to the right, then flip the image.  Arrange behind the violin and sharpen.  Drop shadow both layers.

Duplicate the smaller rose, free rotate right 90 degrees.  Arrange behind the bow and violin and erase the leaves underneath.  Drop shadow.  Duplicate and mirror, arrange between the two sheets of music.  Duplicate again and flip, arrange as seen in my tag.  Erase any extra bits of stem.

Open m6, resize 55%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move below the merged frame layer.  Arrange as desired then duplicate and mirror.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of all elements, then hide the background layer and merge visible.

Unhide the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Apply the mask and merge the mask group.  Use the raster deform tool to push the edges in until you're happy with what you see.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  Crop and resize to your preference.  Save the tag as a jpg or png file and you're done!  I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I'd love to see your results!

Hugs, Carol

1 comment:

  1. Good morning everyone !!!!
    I live in a small town in Sask.named Spiritwood.I have been a widow now for 6 yrs.I was married to a bright eyed Englishman and watched the eyes die slowly from brain cancer.What a pair we made,i have MS.Have been on disability for since then.I am wondering if anyone would have a copy of Photoshop that they would like to sell or trade for jewellry.I would love to try this as it would complimant my pieces quite well.Cheerio to everyone.
    roxannejody55@yahoo.com
    Roxanne Friesen -Rose

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket