01 July 2010

Coffee Addict (PTU)

 (Click the tag to see the full-size image)

Coffee Addict 

This tutorial was written by me on July 1st, 2010 and is the result of my own ideas.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a wonderful kit by Monti's Scraps called "Coffee Addict".  This is a fantastic kit and I'm sure Monti must have had me in mind when she created it.  LOL!!  I'm a coffee addict for sure!!  You can purchase this awesome kit at I Got Lucky Skraps.

 Tube of choice: I'm using the fun pinup art of Rion Vernon, aka PinupToons with a valid license.  You can purchase his tubes from CILM.

Mask of choice: I used another of the awesome masks available from Weescotslass, which you can download from her blog HERE.  I used mask 4. 

Font of choice: I used Vertigo 2 BRK but any wide font will do.  :-)

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 58, Blur 6

~~~~~ Let's get started! ~~~~~

Place the mask in your PSP Masks folder or a folder of your choice. 

Open a new image, 750 x 750, white background.  I like to have lots of room to work, we'll resize later.

From the kit, open one of the triple frames.  Copy and paste as a new layer.  Image > Free Rotate > rotate right 90 degrees.  Move to the left.

Using the magic wand with feather set to 0 and mode set to Add, click inside all three frames (make sure you click inside the open part of the bow loops and any open areas between the ribbon and the frame).  Selections > Modify > Expand > expand by 4.

Choose a paper from the kit, resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Move below the frame.  Selections > Invert > Delete.  Selections > Select None.

Choose some elements to place within the frames or alternately, you could add close-up sections of your tube, it's up to you.  Drop shadow the frame and the elements within the frames and merge these layers together (paper, frame, 3 elements).  Continue to drop shadow all the element layers as you add them.

Now have fun adding some of the wonderful elements that come in this kit!  I added the iced coffee, cream and sugar, mug and the cup full of beans to the bottom left of the frame.  I resized each element 30% and then adjusted accordingly.

Open Bow Double 2 and resize 40%.  Copy and paste as a new layer and mirror.  Place over the other bow on the frame.

Open Flower 2, resize 30%, then 85%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, place on top of the bows.

Open Blossom 1 and 2 and resize each 50%.  Copy and paste as new layers, arrange at the base of the frame on the left side, behind the other elements.  Erase any bits showing beneath the other elements.

Open Coffee Beans Swirl 1 and resize 50%.  Move below the frame layer and arrange at the top left corner.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.

I placed a cup and saucer on the extended hand of my tube.  If you would like to do the same, I resized 20%, then 70%.  I also added a wisp of steam using Eye Candy Nature.  If you'd like to do the same, first draw out a selection above the cup using the freehand selection tool.  Activate Eye Candy Nature, Smoke.  Choose Small, Steaming Coffee under the Settings tab, then play with the settings under the basic tab until you like what you see.  Here are the settings I used:

 
You could also animate the steam if you'd like, I chose not to this time.

Open one of the clocks, resize 30%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the top right of the tag.

Activate the background layer and add a new raster layer.  Selections > Select All.  Copy and paste a paper of choice into selection.  Selections > Select None.  Apply the mask, right click the mask layer in the layers palette and choose Merge > Merge Group.  Resize the mask layer 90%, then use the raster deform tool to resize it exactly as you'd like.

Crop and resize your tag as desired.  Add your name, then duplicate and apply a gaussian blur with the radius set to 5 to the original, drop shadow the copy.  Add all applicable copyright and license information.  Save as a jpg or png and you're done!  I hope you enjoy your new tag!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket