23 June 2010

Envy Me (PTU)

 (Click on tag to see full-size version)

Envy Me 

This tutorial was written by me on June 23rd and is the result of my own ideas, any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Supplies Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous kit by Tammy's Scraps called "Rush".  You can purchase this awesome kit from Aussie Scrap Designs.

Tube of choice: I used the wonderful pinup art of Elias Chatzoudis with a valid license.  You can purchase his tubes from MPT.

Template of choice: I used a collab template by ChaneyJo and Kat, available to download from Creative Misfit Creations.

Mask of choice, or use the one I did, HERE.  I don't remember where I got this awesome mask, if it's yours, please write and let me know so I can give proper credit or remove it.  Thank you!

Font of choice: I used Bank Gothic Md

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 6.

~~~~~ Let's make a new tag! ~~~~~

Place the mask in your PSP Masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.  Resize all layers 80%, then change canvas size to 750 x 750.  Add a new raster layer, flood fill with white and send to the bottom.

Make white circle2 the active layer.  Select all, float the selection, then defloat (if you're unsure how to do this, simply look at the directions in some of my other tuts for more detail.)

Choose a paper from the kit, resize 70%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Invert the selection and delete.  Select none and delete the original layer.  Add a drop shadow.  Continue in this manner for gray rectangle, white circle 1, slash and big heart.

Adjust the hue and saturation for the two pink circle frames.  Hue: 145, Saturation: 144.

Add noise to the frames: Uniform, 50% Noise, Monochrome checked.

Float and defloat the black rectangle.  Add a new raster layer and flood fill with #fdfe01.  Deselect.  Add noise with the same settings as above.

Adjust the hue and saturation of the hearts layer using the same settings as above.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, move to the left side of the template.  Drop shadow.

Decorate your tag using elements of your choice.  I used a couple of the butterflies, cherry blossom 1 & 2, forget me not flower 1, heart and bow charm 1 and ribbon 1.

Make your background layer active and add a new raster layer.  Select all, copy and paste a paper of choice into the selection.  Deselect.

Apply the heart burst mask, merge the mask group and then resize 80%.

Hide your background layer, activate your crop tool and click the merged opaque button at the far right of the top tool menu.  Click the green check mark to crop the excess canvas.  Unhide your background layer and resize your tag as desired.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information and you're done!  I hope you enjoy your new tag.

Hugs, Carol
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket