23 January 2010

You're My Penguin (PTU)

(Click on the tag to see the full-size version) 

You're My Penguin 

This tutorial was written by me on January 23rd, 2010.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions.

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Tools Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a lovely PTU kit called "You're My Penguin" by Sticky Kisses Designs and available to purchase HERE.

Template: Template #1 from Scrapity Scrap and More.  Download this and more of her amazing templates from her blog HERE.

Mask: WSL_Mask214 by Chelle.  You can download this and other awesome masks from her blog HERE.  Thanks for sharing your time and talent with us hun!

Tube of choice: I'm using the whimsical art of Suzanne Woolcott, aka Gorjuss with a valid license.  I purchased this tube when she was still with AMI, but you can find her new tubes at her store HERE.

Font of choice: I'm using A Yummy Apology

Plug-in needed: Eye Candy Impact, Gradient Glow (optional)

Drop shadow used throughout: H&V 2, Opacity 62, Blur 5

Ready?  Let's make a new tag!

Place the mask in your PSP masks folder or a folder of your choice.

Open the template in PSP, duplicate and close the original.  Delete Raster 8.

Image > Canvas Size > change size to 750 x 650, we'll resize later.  Highlight the bottom layer and flood fill the blank space with white.

Highlight the heart layer (Raster 7).  Selections > Select All > Selections > Float > Selections > Defloat.  Open a paper of choice from the scrap kit, copy and paste as a new layer.  Resize as desired (I resized 70%) then Selections > Invert and hit Delete.

Do the same for Raster 6, 5, 4 and 2.

For all the "frame" layers (Raster 3, Copy of Vector 2, etc.) choose a colour that compliments your tube and the scrap kit, I used #b4586f.  Highlight the layer you wish to work on, float, then defloat your selection, add a new raster layer and flood fill with your colour.  Delete the original layer.  Repeat these steps for all the frames and apply drop shadows.

Highlight your top layer, open your tube, copy and paste as a new layer.  Resize if desired and drop shadow.  Move over to the left side of your tag.

Now open and add elements of choice, I used Bow 4, Brad 1, Doodle 3, Paper Heart, Penguin 1 and 2.  Resize each element as desired and place where you like (see my tag for reference).  There's lots of really cute elements with this kit, so there's plenty of possibilities!

Once you have everything placed to your satisfaction, hide your background layer and merge visible.

Unhide your background layer.  Selections, Select All.  Add a new raster layer and open a paper of choice from the kit.  Copy and paste into selection.

Apply WSL_Mask214 using these settings: Source luminance, fit to canvas, hide all mask, invert transparency unchecked.  In your layers palette, right click on the mask and choose Merge > Merge Group.

Right click on your merged layer, Merge > Merge Down.  Resize this layer as desired, I resized mine 85%.

Now add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.  I also added a gradient glow effect to the name using the same colour as my frames.

Now save as a jpg or png and you're finished!

Thank you for trying my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed it!

Hugs, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket