03 December 2009

Christmas Love (PTU)


(Click on image to see full-size version)

Christmas Love 

This tutorial was written by me on December 3rd, 2009.  Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

PSP Version used: PSP X2, but should work in other versions. 

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP, its tools and functions. 

Tools Needed 

Scrap kit of choice: I used a gorgeous PTU kit by Tootypup Scraps.  This kit is loaded with beautiful elements and is so much fun to work with!  Thank you Tooty!  You can purchase it at Aussie Scrap Designs 

Mask: dmsk0670, download HERE.  I've had this mask for a very long time and have no idea who made it.  If it's yours or you know who made it, please e-mail me and let me know so I can give proper credit or remove.  Thanks!

Tube of choice, I used the poser supplied with the kit.

Font of choice, I used Vergennes

Plug-in needed: Xenofex 2, Constellation (optional)

Ready?  Let's make a tag!

Open a new image, 650 x 550.

From the scrap kit, open tp_pergola3.  Resize 85%, copy and paste as a new layer.

Open tp_snow1 and resize 30%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, duplicate twice for a total of 3.  Move these layers below the pergola, mirror one and arrange to your satisfaction (see my tag for reference.  Once you're happy, merge these three layers together.  Go to Adjust > Hue and Saturation > Colorize.  Hue 85, Saturation 41.  The snow layer will now match the snow in the pergola layer.

Highlight your pergola layer, right click and choose Merge > Merge Down.

Add a drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 55, Blur 5.

Open tp_Christmas tree4b, resize 30%.  Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the lower left side, on top of the snow.  Drop shadow.

Choose some of the Christmas balls to decorate your tree!  Resize each 15%, then 20% and place them where you like.  Once you have them all placed, hide your background, tree and pergola layers and merge visible.  Drop shadow the merged layer and merge down.

Open tp_bow6 and resize 20%.  Place at the top of the tree and drop shadow, merge down.

Open tp_deco2b, resize 10%, then 50%.  Use these to decorate the trees on the side of the pergola.  Resize and mirror some and place where you like (see my tag for reference).  Once your happy, hide all your other layers and merge your deco layers together.  Apply a light drop shadow, I used H&V 2, Opacity 25, Blur 3.

Open one of the baskets, resize 15%, then 85% and place it to the right of the decorated tree.  Drop shadow.

Make sure you're happy with the placement of all layers, then hide your background layer and merge visible.  Move your merged layer down a bit (see my tag for reference).

Highlight your background layer.  Open tp_ivycorner1, resize 35%, copy and paste as a new layer.  Image > Flip.  Move slightly to the left.  Image > Duplicate > Image Mirror.  In your layer palette, highlight the copy and merge down so both are on the same layer.  Use your eraser to remove any bits you can see showing below.  Drop shadow.

Highlight background layer again and add a new raster layer.  Selections > Select All.  Open a paper of choice (I used tp_paper5), copy and paste into selection.  Selections > Select None.

Layers > Load/Save Mask > Load Mask from Disk.  Find dmsk0670 and apply using these settings: Source luminance, fit to canvas, hide all mask, invert transparency unchecked.  In your layer palette, right click on the mask layer and choose Merge > Merge Group.

Use your raster deform tool to move the sides in and the bottom up.

I added a star effect with Xenofex 2 Constellation, using the setting "A Few Small Stars", with these changes:


Now choose some elements to decorate your ivy frame.  There are loads to pick from, so have some fun with it!  Copy and paste each as a new layer, resize and arrange as you like.  Add drop shadow to each layer.

Once you're happy with everything, hide your background layer and merge visible.  Resize 90%, Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen.

Add your name and all applicable copyright and license information.

Hide your background layer and activate your crop tool.  Select the Merged Opaque button on the top left menu bar and click the green check mark.  This crops the excess canvas without cutting off any of your drop shadows.

Save as a jpg or png and you're done!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, I'd love to see your results!

Hugs, Carol

2 comments:

  1. HI there Carol
    Well what can I say sweetie. This tag is just beautiful in every way. Thank you so much for having a play with my kit. I have posted it to my blog, cause I wanted to show it off. You have a wonderful day there. Hugs from the PUP
    http://tootypupscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much hun! Your kit was a pleasure to work with and is filled with all kinds of awesome goodies. I know I'll use it again and again, so many possibilities!

    Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Tags Made With My Tuts

My Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket